How to remove unneeded components of Office 2007?

Icedrake

I just finished installing Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise edition, and it's installer didn't have an option to customize the installer, so I have all the components of Office installed, OneNote, Access, Publisher etc. Out of all the ones: Access, Excel, Groove, InfoPath, OneNote, Outlook, Powerpoint, Publisher and Word, I only ever use Excel, Powerpoint and Word. So, is there anyway I could remove the Office parts that I don't need and keep the ones that I do need?

Found this from Microsoft but that only tells how to add components, not to remove them.

• Moderators

I have office 07 that I got from the student promotion a while back.

You can customize the install, its an option right after you enter in your product key. I intalled the whole package though anyway.

Just disable the dumb grove service and ignore the rest, its not like it takes up all the much space and you might be glad you have it later.

That's true. So, how do I disable the Groove service (what a weird name)?

EDIT: Aha! I found how to add and remove Office components. So I removed all the ones I didn't need and kept the ones I did need. Yes! Plus I always have the installation CD, so I'll be able to add anything if I need it.

• 2 weeks later...
I have office 07 that I got from the student promotion a while back.

You can customize the install, its an option right after you enter in your product key. I intalled the whole package though anyway.

Just disable the dumb grove service and ignore the rest, its not like it takes up all the much space and you might be glad you have it later.

thanks so much for useful info