Mozilla Firefox (Deer Park)

Vanguard382

hey i was just looking at other browswer and i found this.I have never hweard of it before it says to be faster then regular firefox. Does any on know how well this program works and any thing bad comparied to regular firefox.

For more information about it go to

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Mozil...ws/1032985422/4

or here

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/

Guest Mangix

i tried it. it just seemed like firefox 1.0.6 too much. well cept for the icon.

but i dont use firefox anymore. Avant Browser for me

also the second link is for firefox not for Deer Park

I tried it two weeks ago. Nothing too noticeable difference-wise, but it lost the scroll bar on the right side after I added a few extensions. I had also added a few themes that were Deer Park exclusives, and when I tried to revert back to the previous version, the old themes were messed up in a way where I could no longer use the program. Sooooooo...I had to do a complete uninstall including cleaning out the remaining folders, and install 1.0.6 from scratch.

Perhaps I shouldn't have tried to install it over the current FF...? Oh well, it was still fun to reassemble it again and I didn't lose anything in the process. :)

Guest Mangix

rofl

you didnt have to uninstall firefox. the only thing messed up about it was the profile. all you had to do was run firefox with the -p parameter and make a new profile. well that's what i did and it worked for me

Deerpark is just a name they use for beta releases of firefox. For novice users i suggest to use firefox but if you a preview of what's coming up give deerpark a go tho the next version of firefox will be out soon any way.

Actually, it's not even beta, it's an alpha version. They renamed it Deerpark to try to make it very clear that this is not a Firefox release.

It's a long way from being ready for general release, which is why the Mozilla.org page linked above repeatedly says it's for testing purposes only. Many advanced users do seem to be using it without much trouble, though.

I've tried it, and honestly, it's pretty much the same as the firefox 1.06 version.

There are plugins, themes and other extensions that wouldn't work for the Alpha Version. There's also some start up bugs with the one I've tried.

I've uninstalled it within a few days due to those downsides, as least the old profiles from

the firefox still there. So it doesn't matter which one I uninstall.