CCleaner v2.22

MrG

• Admin

cclogo.png

We've made a number of changes to CCleaner in this new release. Some you'll notice up front, and some you won't see at all. They're designed to support more software, provide more operating support, and help you get the most out of CCleaner and your PC.

When you click Analyze or Run Cleaner, you'll see a new Results panel. We've redesigned the Results panel so that you can see an overview of files by application and details on each file to be deleted. You can also sort the list, search for specific items, and export the list to a text file. We think you'll like it! :)

We've also added better support for Opera 10 and Safari 4.

We've made even more improvements which are listed below in the full change log:

CCleaner v2.20.920

• Redesign of Cleaner results panel.
  • Added support for Opera 10 Beta.
  • Added support for Safari 4.0.
  • Added search to Uninstall tool.
  • Added search to Cookies screen.
  • Improved User assist cleaning in Windows 7.
  • Fixed bug in OpenOffice cleaning.
  • Fixed IE8 SuggestedSites.dat cleaning support.
  • Fixed UI bugs.

Click here to visit the CCleaner.com site and to download

View the full blog post

Downloading right NOW! I have to see this with my own eyes! soundddddds sooo good! Thanks MrG!

Update: Looks great but I have found several bugs using the spanish language... I will report it right now... and a few in UI! and I have some suggestion to post :P

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Current: Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8], HTC 7 Surround T8788 [WP7.8] & Vodafone 858 Smart [Android SmartLucky2.3] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 820, 720, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.

Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer

All bugs and suggestion reported... if I see something more... I will post it later ;)

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Current: Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8], HTC 7 Surround T8788 [WP7.8] & Vodafone 858 Smart [Android SmartLucky2.3] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 820, 720, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.

Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer

I really like the principle behind the new results list but think having to click through to each section to view the files is clumsy. Surely expandable sections would work better, ie click + sign to expand. And also have the option or have it remember whether the sections are expanded as now the results page hides what is cleaned unless clicked on which is slower and a PITA quite frankly, would be far preferable to have an expanded list split into sections so all files are still visible at once but in the individual sections they now are.

Good idea, just the implementation that's not quite right IMO.

(Oh and on the plus side the search option in the cookies section is a cracking addition ;) )

Pls read this post, too: http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=23282

IMO, designing an intuitive UI is a challenge. Don't forget the sort and save entries in the context menue. Plus signs would not allow these. Have the view detailed results menu entry expand the node. I feel this could be a better solution, still allowing sort and save.

You could place a plus sign in front of each line to draw the user's attention the the sign, without the well known expand functionality. The context menu could open instead. -- This could probably be done better but I'm missing ideas at the moment.

georgie

[Vienna, Austria]

I really like the principle behind the new results list but think having to click through to each section to view the files is clumsy. Surely expandable sections would work better, ie click + sign to expand. And also have the option or have it remember whether the sections are expanded as now the results page hides what is cleaned unless clicked on which is slower and a PITA quite frankly, would be far preferable to have an expanded list split into sections so all files are still visible at once but in the individual sections they now are.

Good idea, just the implementation that's not quite right IMO.

(Oh and on the plus side the search option in the cookies section is a cracking addition ;) )

If you right-click anywhere in the blank area in the Analysis Complete screen after running Analyze there is the option to View Detailed Results for all sections to be cleaned rather than just an individual section.

The summary is welcome but it would be good to be able to choose View Detailed Results or View Summary Results as an option that can be permanently toggled on or off, possibly in the Options -> Advanced section.

CCleaner v2.20.920

Is this a copy/paste? :lol:

I love it. It looks awesome! But everybody wants to take a look at what they are cleaning, and newbies might delete stuff they actually want to keep.

• Added support for Safari 4.0.

Wooohooo! Thanks! :)

• Added search to Uninstall tool.

• Added search to Cookies screen.

This search filter is great! Thanks!

• Fixed bug in OpenOffice cleaning.

Is the AntiVir Desktop overcleaning issue going to get fixed?

cclogo.png

When you click Analyze or Run Cleaner, you'll see a new Results panel. We've redesigned the Results panel so that you can see an overview of files by application and details on each file to be deleted. You can also sort the list, search for specific items, and export the list to a text file. We think you'll like it! :)

CCleaner v2.20.920

While some users might find this a good point I personally always like the detailed results. If you right-click on the results page you can select View details results. This puts a button that says View summary results. I think there should be a button saying both of these options depending which one is clicked. Which ever you click on it shows that results view and changes the button caption to the other option.

It would also be good if this results view could be added to the Options panel then the next time it starts it remembers the view. Sorry but until this option is made available (next version is would presume) then I'm sticking with 2.21.940. As a fellow programmer this option would be easy to add. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

I would be in favor of a 'View Details' button after analyzing. Im too lazy to right click, left click. But let me also say that I love the new version and am always excited with each new release!

Edit: I just realized I can double click on an entry and view the details. Nice! Maybe I dont need a button after all.

While some users might find this a good point I personally always like the detailed results.

have to agree with this. i was actually stunned when the details were gone; it's not intuitive that the details are still available. i had to come here to find out that they are.

i also agree with the rest of keithuk's post, especially regarding having a button with a changing caption.

when viewing the details there's a header area with the 'view summary results' button and search box. you could simply add that header to the summary page as well with a 'view details' button. (if you take this approach, keep the buttons in the same place :).)

cclogo.png

We've made a number of changes to CCleaner in this new release.

We've also added better support for Opera 10 and Safari 4.

We've made even more improvements which are listed below in the full change log:

CCleaner v2.20.920

Click here to visit the CCleaner.com site and to download

View the full blog post

Mr. G.

I am using v2.20.920, and when I saw Keithuk quote the above I wondered why I had never seen any new results panel.

I had to visit http://www.piriform.com/blog to see that your blog 28 July commenced by referring to v.2.22,

but half a screen height later an obsolete complete version string was given.

Regards

Alan

I am using v2.20.920, and when I saw Keithuk quote the above I wondered why I had never seen any new results panel.

I don't think you will see any new results until the next version Alan. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Thx for the update MrG. Used the program and then tracked what was cleaned in registry on WinXP SP3. It does not appear that the MUICache Bags or MRU Bags are fully cleaned & removed. I had over 300 "bags" and half had valid *readable* text data. Not a bug, but I think a needed minor fix. Great program. made my donation under another name a few months ago. Take care.

• 2 weeks later...