Option to "Minimize to tray on close"

dallas7

I would like to see a "minimize to system tray on close" option added to the Settings.

This has become defacto on most systray apps and as such I am used to whacking the Red X of the 14 apps that run in that environment to return them to the tray. CCleaner is the only one where I can't choose that option and I find myself constantly shutting it down, failing to remember it's the one where the Red X works as it should. :P

No big deal. If it can be done eventually, it'd be nice.

Thank you!

"Machines making machines. How perverse." -C3PO

I would like to see a "minimize to system tray on close" option added to the Settings.

This has become defacto on most systray apps and as such I am used to whacking the Red X of the 14 apps that run in that environment to return them to the tray and they are ALL using system resources. CCleaner is the only one where I can't choose that option and I find myself constantly shutting it down, failing to remember it's the one where the Red X works as it should. :P

No big deal. If it can be done eventually, it'd be nice.

Thank you!

Well all these apps running in the Systray are running in the background even though you can't see them on the Taskbar and they are ALL using system resources. If you minimize CC with the Minimize to System Tray option then minimize it, it will disappear of the Taskbar and goto the systray.

I really don't know why you want it running all the time whether its in the systray or not? It only takes seconds to run it do a clean and close it.

You can set it to run it everytime Windows starts then close. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

• Moderators

CCleaner already does this.

"CCleaner\Options\Advanced\Minimize to system tray"

But Keith has a point.

Why not just drag a CCleaner shortcut onto your quick launch bar. It's available with 1 click, without using resources.

I cant see why you would want it to be in the system tray all the time? what purpose can this serve?

14 apps in the system tray :blink: thats quite a lot.

No fate but what we make

I really don't know why you want it running all the time whether its in the systray or not?

I cant see why you would want it to be in the system tray all the time? what purpose can this serve?

Hmmmm. That's one of those if you have to ask you wouldn't understand the answer things.

14 apps in the system tray ... thats quite a lot.

No it isn't.

Well all these apps running in the Systray are running in the background even though you can't see them on the Taskbar and they are ALL using system resources.

No fooling? Really?

If you minimize CC with the Minimize to System Tray option then minimize it, it will disappear of the Taskbar and goto the systray.

CCleaner already does this. "CCleaner\Options\Advanced\Minimize to system tray"

No fooling? Really?

My suggestion is an option for this same behavior WHEN HITTING THE CLOSE BUTTON! That's the square red one with the white X.

As for system resources, I could care less. I have an E8400 running on a 1333 MHz FSB mobo and even with 52 processes running, less than 1 GB of my 2 GB DDR-800 RAM is in use.

My suggestion still stands for those who might actually understand it; end of discussion. Bye!

"Machines making machines. How perverse." -C3PO

14 apps in the system tray ... thats quite a lot.

No it isn't.

No fooling? Really?

Yes it is.

My suggestion is an option for this same behavior WHEN HITTING THE CLOSE BUTTON! That's the square red one with the white X.

No it isn't to me. I write programs and if someone hits the (X) button they want to close it and finish not minimize to the systray. Thats the reason for short-cuts so you can find the app you want to run without searching for them.

As for system resources, I could care less. I have an E8400 running on a 1333 MHz FSB mobo and even with 52 processes running, less than 1 GB of my 2 GB DDR-800 RAM is in use.

Well if you're using 1GB for apps that you don't really need all the time then your using half you memory requirement just for that process.

So you have 52 processing running in Task Manager then? Thats 25 more than you need.

Its a bad suggestion to me so I won't say anymore. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Hmmmm. That's one of those if you have to ask you wouldn't understand the answer things.

Dallas, I thank you for not troubling me with something I wouldn't understand, BUT

Is that what you are doing, or do you not have the intellectual capability to give a rational explanation ?

Also, why are you using CCleaner ? ? ?

I would have thought that using CCleaner to delete junk files would violate the ethics of some-one devoted to squandering computer resources ! !

Alan

Also from another programer i find over riding the forms onclose event to minimize to system tray extreamly annoying.

I dont mind the resize event going to the tray but when i click close i expect the application to end.

I was just simply curious to what purpose ccleaner could have to be constantly running in the back ground.

It just seems to me you are intent on having as many items in the tray as you can

No fate but what we make

Also from another programer i find over riding the forms onclose event to minimize to system tray extreamly annoying.

I dont mind the resize event going to the tray but when i click close i expect the application to end.

I was just simply curious to what purpose ccleaner could have to be constantly running in the back ground.

It just seems to me you are intent on having as many items in the tray as you can

I agree with to many icons on task bar takes resources. I have helped people with computers telling me there computer is to slow and by removing these icons has helped.

However it's not only the resource issue that to many icons or tasks running slow down the computer but the other issue is when running to many task at computer startup can cause conflicts with each other and that can be a real problem too.

I agree with to many icons on task bar takes resources. I have helped people with computers telling me there computer is to slow and by removing these icons has helped.

However it's not only the resource issue that to many icons or tasks running slow down the computer but the other issue is when running to many task at computer startup can cause conflicts with each other and that can be a real problem too.

Common problem people having far to many apps loading at startup. Things that are comppletly unneeded.

I am not totally against applications returning to tray on close. Thunderbird, Adobe bridge, uTorrent are all applications i have set to return on close. Thunderbird obviously monitors my email, so i need that active. I photoshop a lot so i need to explore with bridge.

Return to tray on close, Now these applications i mentioned serve a purpose to stay running.

How can ccleaner be of use idling away? It does not monitor anything. so i was not being sarcastic in any way i was just very much curious to know why he/she wanted ccleaner to stay active in the tray.

No fate but what we make

Common problem people having far to many apps loading at startup. Things that are comppletly unneeded.

Thank you ident. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

14 apps in the system tray :blink: thats quite a lot.

Hehehehe... I've got a minimize to tray extension in Firefox. You should see how many I have in my tray!!! :P