Deletion of log files for all Instant Messanger programs

If I may suggest the adding of a category in applications for cleaning "Instant Messenger" software:

Ccleaner could clean/delete the history logs, chat history etc for programs like:

Single messenger streams:

Yahoo Instant Messenger

MSN Messenger

AIM

Multiple Messenger streams:

Trillian -- standard Instant messenger & Pro versions

Trillian -- Astra Messenger

Brosix --

etc.

Thoughts ?

thanks in advance.

Mitchell

• Moderators

They fall into the Internet category, and unlike web browsers that have several built in individual cleaners I don't see the justification for them getting their own special area/heading. It's up to the developer of course.

They fall into the Internet category, and unlike web browsers that have several built in individual cleaners I don't see the justification for them getting their own special area/heading. It's up to the developer of course.

===================

Using your reasoning... why then allow Ccleaner to remove history, Form Info, temp files etc from

Internet Explorer, Firefox & Chrome ? These applications all have built in ways to clean themselves.

Instant Messengers or similar seems more appropriate a category considering the number of messenger type programs. Window Defender, Remote Desktop, Google Earth are internet apps too but are logically grouped.

Is not the purpose behind CCleaner and products of this type to be a one stop application for accomplishing a function?

Especially a repetitive one ?

Piriform developed an outstanding and reliable product.

By asking for suggestions they are obviously looking to improve and grow the application in a logical timeline.

• 2 months later...
If I may suggest the adding of a category in applications for cleaning "Instant Messenger" software:

Ccleaner could clean/delete the history logs, chat history etc for programs like:

I agree there should be a "messengers" group/tab etc. For now I made my own addition to Winapp2.ini for AIM 6, if anyone is interested.

;AIM 6 starts[iM Logs]Section=AIM 6DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\AIM6\aim6.exeDefault=TrueFileKey1=%userprofile%\My Documents\AIMLogger|*.*|RECURSE[screen Name Data]Section=AIM 6DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\AIM6\aim6.exeDefault=TrueFileKey1=%LocalAppData%\AOL OCP\AIM|*.*|RECURSERegKey1=HKCU\Software\America Online\AIM6\UsersRegKey2=HKCU\Software\America Online\AIM6|UserListRegKey3=HKCU\Software\America Online\AIM6|CurrentUserRegKey4=HKCU\Software\America Online\AIM6\HashedPasswordsRegKey5=HKCU\Software\America Online\AIM6\OptionsRegKey6=HKCU\Software\America Online\AIM6\Passwords;AIM 6 ends