Files not deleted yet

Babyben

It is disappointing that the cookies remained after cleaning;

but disappointments are par for course with Microsoft;

and eight times as much with I.E.8.

Perhaps a future update of CCleaner will be better able to deal with the I.E.8 cookie idiosyncrasies.

I am unable to advise upon I.E.8. and its cookies.

I am happy with my level of ignorance - if I knew any more I would have to print all my files onto paper and replace the computer with a filing cabinet ! !

The Trustchecker files were produced by the action of "RUN Cleaner".

I Googled and founded they come from Zone Alarms

Obviously a Zone Alarm product is taking an unhealthy interest in what CCleaner does,

and might be interfering with cleaning actions.

It is possible if you open these log files with Notepad you will find that Zone Alarm protected cookies from deletion ! !

Apart from the cookie problem, everything else is consistent with perfect operation of CCleaner.

N.B. You can expect the "Files to be Deleted" to return every time Windows reboots.

Regards

Alan

Perhaps a future update of CCleaner will be better able to deal with the I.E.8 cookie idiosyncrasies.

I am happy with my level of ignorance - if I knew any more I would have to print all my files onto paper and replace the computer with a filing cabinet ! !

Obviously a Zone Alarm product is taking an unhealthy interest in what CCleaner does,

It is possible if you open these log files with Notepad you will find that Zone Alarm protected cookies from deletion ! !

Apart from the cookie problem, everything else is consistent with perfect operation of CCleaner.

N.B. You can expect the "Files to be Deleted" to return every time Windows reboots.

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan-thanks for your reply.my computer has been in to our local computer shop to find some some lost photos and install back-up,but could not fix CCleaner,although it is still "cleaning"They hadn't encountered this problem before,so will just live with it in the meantime.Thanks for eveyones help.Regards,Fred.

• 2 weeks later...

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan-the new version of CCleaner,2.22.968 fixed the problem.