Files not deleted yet

Babyben

Hi-on having completed scan,and hitting analyze button on version 2.21.940,the same list of files to be deleted comes up,with "files not deleted yet".Previously files have been deleted.I have checked custom files and follders under the advanced option,as per help info.Could someone please help?Thank you.

Are all the files listed not deleted, or just a subset? If the latter, which files are being left?

No its all the files which arent being deleted.Under "troubleshooting'" on the Piriform site,under"problems after running ccleaner",#4,sounds like I have an error with Windows registry permissions.Not being too computer literate,is there a way of guiding me thru' a solution?I run Windows XP Home SP3

If you use Windows Explorer to select and then delete a file which CCleaner failed to delete,

you will probably get an error box and the file will remain due to a problem with permissions.

I believe CCleaner runs under your control with your permissions,

and the system applies the same restrictions to CCleaner as it does to you.

Regards

Alan

If you use Windows Explorer to select and then delete a file which CCleaner failed to delete,

you will probably get an error box and the file will remain due to a problem with permissions.

I believe CCleaner runs under your control with your permissions,

and the system applies the same restrictions to CCleaner as it does to you.

Regards

Alan

Thanks Alan,but I don't quite understand your reply.Could you expand alittle please.

Thanks Alan,but I don't quite understand your reply.Could you expand alittle please.

Hi

Thank you - I cannot remember ever being asked to expand a little.

Mostly I get emails back from my son reminding me "Bullet Points Please" ! ! !

If you have administrator privileges you can install programs / applications,

and you can create / modify / delete most files.

You can do those things because you have permissions, which enable you to destroy your system.

A "User" has reduced permissions, and is unable to do many of those things.

The "User" can still destroy the system - but it is less easy to do so.

As an administrator I could see the existence of C:\System Volume Information,

but "permissions" prevented me from seeing what was inside it.

I had authority to run CACLS and give myself permission to inspect that folder,

and now automatically whenever I log on my start-up script can read the contents of

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{F6EA6CAA-B744-447E-8F9E-B9A9507C7CB4}\drivetable.txt

and immediately decide if XP has yet again gone wrong and included external drives for System Restore monitoring.

As an administrator I can see the date and size of C:\pagefile.sys,

but I am unable to see the contents - I am told

"The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"

Pagefile is a system file, always in use when XP runs, and is never accessible.

Other files will be in use some of the time, and whilst they are in use they may be inaccessible.

All the above, and more, is the sorts of thing I mean by "permissions".

I mostly overcome any obstinate problems with CACLS,

but I have confidence that if I overstep the mark and destroy the system,

my Acronis Boot CD will restore normality with the C:\ system image I made as a precaution.

I will not risk telling you how to blow up your own system.

You were asked about the files you could not delete. I made no sense from your reply

"No its all the files which arent being deleted.Under "troubleshooting'" on the Piriform site,under"problems after running ccleaner",#4,"

I looked there and it does NOT specify any specific folders and files.

If you precisely stipulate the folder path and file name for a few specific items,

I or others will probably be able to give you a safe advice upon the difficulty,

and you will probably find that fixing those few items will fix most of the others also.

Regards

Alan

• Moderators

I've a suspicion that these files may belong to your AntiVirus software.

After running CCleaner and then immediately analyzing, I have a list of files from Avast. All small log files and such, which would probably only delete with CCleaner or manually, if I disabled Avasts "Self Protection" module.

Just a thought.

I've a suspicion that these files may belong to your AntiVirus software.

After running CCleaner and then immediately analyzing, I have a list of files from Avast. All small log files and such, which would probably only delete with CCleaner or manually, if I disabled Avasts "Self Protection" module.

Just a thought.

Thanks Alan and Dennis.I normally run Zonealarm Security Suite,but during the past few days have been trialing Extreme Security.I have had no problems with CCleaner for many years,until now.I'm sorry you will have to treat me as being extremely thick when it comes to computers.OK,I run ccleaner-up comes the same list of websites to be "cleaned" Example,under "files to be deleted" removed cookie news.cnet.com,and aus2.mozilla .org,just two of many.I hit the analyze button,the very same list comes up with a note"no files have been deleted yet,"whereas normally everything is washed away and no bytes remaining.I turn ZA off,makes no difference.I right click the mouse onto a web page,up comes save to txt file,with the idea of somehow manually deleting websites,or "files".Up comes,in my documents,file name "log",under that save type as Text Files[*.txt]I push the save button.Go back to my Documents,right click" log",select "delete',off it goes to the recycle bin,delete that,and try ccleaner again.The very same list of sites comes up again

If you could explain how to precisely stipulate the file name and folder path I would be very grateful.Thank you for your help.As for kids,I have just been severly castigated for buying Regcure by my teenage daughter,in the false hope of fixing what I thought was a registry problem.Completely sucked in??!

• Moderators
I right click the mouse onto a web page,up comes save to txt file,with the idea of somehow manually deleting websites,or "files".Up comes,in my documents,file name "log",under that save type as Text Files[*.txt]I push the save button.Go back to my Documents,right click" log",select "delete',off it goes to the recycle bin,delete that,and try ccleaner again.The very same list of sites comes up again

It took me a few reads to (possibly) understand what you're saying here. I think you mean that you right clicked on Cleaner's list of files to be deleted, and than saved that list to a text file. All this does is create a text file which has no connection to anything you're trying to delete (apart from being a list of names, that is). I should stop doing this.

Are you running CC with administrator privileges?

Can you open your browser and clear the browsing history from there? It's either Tools/Clear Private Data or Clear Recent History in Firefox or Tools/Internet Options/General/Delete Files (under Temp Int Files). Then see what CC shows in Analyse.

It took me a few reads to (possibly) understand what you're saying here. I think you mean that you right clicked on Cleaner's list of files to be deleted, and than saved that list to a text file. All this does is create a text file which has no connection to anything you're trying to delete (apart from being a list of names, that is). I should stop doing this.

Are you running CC with administrator privileges?

Can you open your browser and clear the browsing history from there? It's either Tools/Clear Private Data or Clear Recent History in Firefox or Tools/Internet Options/General/Delete Files (under Temp Int Files). Then see what CC shows in Analyse.

I have cleared history in both Firefox and IE,and also erased history using Ace Utilities software,but still the same old files appear in Analyze.

I right click the mouse onto a web page,up comes save to txt file

If you could explain how to precisely stipulate the file name and folder path I would be very grateful.Thank you for your help.

As for kids,I have just been severly castigated for buying Regcure by my teenage daughter,in the false hope of fixing what I thought was a registry problem.Completely sucked in??!

You lost me there. I wondered what browser were you using. I was confused (like Augeas)

Regarding Regcure - Google had many results.

Three were glowing testimonials from individuals who possibly have a cosy relationship with Regcure,

and one was a forum with many user complaints, both about technical performance quality,

and also the impossibility of getting fulfilment of the money back promise.

I love women driver jokes, so it is hard for me to say this, but

LISTEN TO YOUR DAUGHTER ! ! !

To answer "how to precisely stipulate the file name and folder path".

As Augeas explained, you can create a text file of the analysis results.

then you can open that file in notepad, select some of the items, and copy / paste into your next post.

An alternative I prefer (avoids creating and opening a file) is

Hover over the top left corner of the anaylsis, just left of where it says "ANALYSIS COMPLETE - (x.xxx secs)"

Left click down WITHOUT release, and holding the button down drag the mouse down the page,

and as you move down the selected text turns blue.

When you have selected enough, carefully release the mouse, then hold the Ctrl Key and strike the "C" key

Then the selected text is in your paste buffer ready to be pasted into your next post.

Here is one I prepared earlier

ANALYSIS COMPLETE - (1.341 secs)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0.67MB to be removed. (Approximate size)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Details of files to be deleted (Note: No files have been deleted yet)

C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\0S8OWZCJ\views[1] 5.46KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\MSHist012009071820090719\index.dat 32.00KB

Marked for deletion: C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat

Marked for deletion: C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat

C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\Recent\BatteryBar.lnk 719 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\Recent\Downloads.lnk 355 bytes

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\FrameWork.log 1.51KB

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\wbemcore.log 13.34KB

C:\WINDOWS\0.log 0 bytes

C:\WINDOWS\Temp\WGANotify.settings 409 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\632HMPHW\s.ytimg.com\soundData.sol 49 bytes

C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\dbg_LMI_proc.txt 1.15KB

C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\dbg_LMI_printer.txt 1.18KB

Firefox/Mozilla cache cleaning was skipped.

C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\Logs\res2.log 0.13MB

The above started as several hundred items, but I saw no benefit in doubling the length of this entire thread,

so I have selected just a few representative items. Please do likewise.

Regards

Alan

• Moderators

First of all Babypen, don't run yourself down about your computer knowledge, as we all knew nothing or next to nothing at one time, and had to start somewhere, so if there's anything at all you don't understand, make sure you ask.

You're getting a lot of ideas and suggestions thrown at you here, so again, if you don't understand anything at all , make sure you ask.

Secondly, I'm wondering if these sites are in a Flash Cookie?

In CCleaner\Applications\Multimedia, make sure you have "Macromedia" and "Abobe Flash Player" checked if they're listed.

There's also a Flash Cookie (settings.sol is their proper name), which CCleaner is missing which contains multiple cookies.

Add it to CCleaners "Include" feature. Go to "CCleaner\Options\Include\Add Folder or Add File".

Select the "Add File" button and navigate to ......

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys

In the last folder (sys) you'll see a "settings" or "settings.sol" file. Click on it, and select "Open". Next go to "CCleaner\Windows\Advanced" and check the "Custom Files And Folders" box.

All this will do is allow the file you've "Included" to be deleted.

And finally, don't forget, ask if you're stuck with anything.

I have cleared history in both Firefox and IE,and also erased history using Ace Utilities software,but still the same old files appear in Analyze.

You have been busy shopping - Regcure and now Ace Utilities. What else have you bought ! !

I see that buying Ace Utilities entitles you to a free download of Win Control 2002

I cannot find what they claim for the product,

but I found on http://www.downloadatoz.com/search.php?q=W...p;type=software

"Win Control 2002 allows you to protect your NT/2000/XP PC from vandalism in the systems software, its configuration and from unduly changed passwords."

That sounds to me like real-time protection.

Years ago I used Adaware.

When they changed from on-demand scans to additional real-time interference I kicked it off.

Anything which Windows Task Manager can display in the Applications tab or the Processes Tab could be a real-time obstacle.

I have configured Task Manager to display CPU Time. Since I switched on :-

3:04:37 System Idle Process

0:16:20 Firefox.exe

0:00:29 nod32krn.exe

0:00:18 cfp.exe

nod32krn is my real-time anti-virus, and cfp is my real-time firewall.

Only 57 seconds of processor time has been consumed by my real-time protection in over 3 hours.

If you can take a snapshot of your Windows Task Manager Processes, and post the image,

it is probable that real-time disrupters can be identified by those with more experience than I.

But highest priority is a list of the specific items that are not deleted.

Some-one here may intermediately recognise what they are,

and probable causes of non-deletion,

and how to fix - or whether to leave well alone.

Regards

Alan

You have been busy shopping - Regcure and now Ace Utilities. What else have you bought ! !

I see that buying Ace Utilities entitles you to a free download of Win Control 2002

I cannot find what they claim for the product,

but I found on http://www.downloadatoz.com/search.php?q=W...p;type=software

"Win Control 2002 allows you to protect your NT/2000/XP PC from vandalism in the systems software, its configuration and from unduly changed passwords."

That sounds to me like real-time protection.

Years ago I used Adaware.

When they changed from on-demand scans to additional real-time interference I kicked it off.

Anything which Windows Task Manager can display in the Applications tab or the Processes Tab could be a real-time obstacle.

I have configured Task Manager to display CPU Time. Since I switched on :-

3:04:37 System Idle Process

0:16:20 Firefox.exe

0:00:29 nod32krn.exe

0:00:18 cfp.exe

nod32krn is my real-time anti-virus, and cfp is my real-time firewall.

Only 57 seconds of processor time has been consumed by my real-time protection in over 3 hours.

If you can take a snapshot of your Windows Task Manager Processes, and post the image,

it is probable that real-time disrupters can be identified by those with more experience than I.

But highest priority is a list of the specific items that are not deleted.

Some-one here may intermediately recognise what they are,

and probable causes of non-deletion,

and how to fix - or whether to leave well alone.

Regards

Alan

Thanks for all your ideas ,I will need a little time to try your suggestions out and get back.Under "applications".multimedia,all the boxes have been checked.Yes I too read the remarks about Regcure in CNET "software" and all the gripes have validity!It is off my computer.I thought the driver upgrade was useful until I came to HP drivers,and nVidia drivers would take an age.On turning on computer this morning,up comes Norton scanning and trying the same tricks as Pareto.My IT local chap has been trying to get me off Zonealarm and onto Nod32 ,but its the devil you know...I found Regcure on the piriform website so thought it must have some validity.It picked up 1080 "problems"The Ace Utilities is a 30 day free trial.Each software seems to pick up different problems than the other-having run ccleaner registry cleaner,Ace utilities picked up bits CC had "missed".

Thanks for all your ideas ,I will need a little time to try your suggestions out and get back.Under "applications".multimedia,all the boxes have been checked.Yes I too read the remarks about Regcure in CNET "software" and all the gripes have validity!It is off my computer.I thought the driver upgrade was useful until I came to HP drivers,and nVidia drivers would take an age.On turning on computer this morning,up comes Norton scanning and trying the same tricks as Pareto.My IT local chap has been trying to get me off Zonealarm and onto Nod32 ,but its the devil you know...I found Regcure on the piriform website so thought it must have some validity.It picked up 1080 "problems"The Ace Utilities is a 30 day free trial.Each software seems to pick up different problems than the other-having run ccleaner registry cleaner,Ace utilities picked up bits CC had "missed".

ANALYSIS COMPLETE - (9.179 secs)

6.59KB to be removed. (Approximate size)

Marked for deletion: C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat

Marked for deletion: C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Cookies\index.dat

Marked for deletion: C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\FrameWork.log 257 bytes

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\wbemcore.log 801 bytes

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\wbemess.log 5.55KB

Removed Cookie: google.co.nz

Removed Cookie: news.cnet.com

Removed Cookie: studylink.govt.nz

Removed Cookie: google.com

Removed Cookie: aus2.mozilla.org

Alan,here is what shows up on my screne after an analysis run.Hope this helps.

• Moderators

Are you saying that the list above is what shows after you press 'analyse'.

You now press 'run cleaner' and close the program.

Then you open up ccleaner, press ''analyse and the same list appears?

Is this what you are saying (just checking)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

What versions of I.E and CCleaner are you using.

CCleaner was not expected to work perfectly with I.E.8 Beta

(and in my view anything from Microsoft is still in Beta until they stop "supporting").

They may still be issues to resolve between CCleaner and I.E.8 (which is probably still a moving target.)

I almost never use I.E (and then only I.E.7)

The first 3 item shown as Marked for Deletion are seen by the operating system as

"in use by another process and cannot be accessed",

hence CCleaner (and anything else I know of) is unable to delete them.

The only action CCleaner can do is "Mark for Deletion",

and hopefully something will see the flag and delete them at some future time.

I share the fears of Hazelnut that there might be a misunderstanding in the use of CCleaner.

Just to be sure, would you please launch CCleaner and in one session perform

Analyze, then Screen Capture

Run Cleaner, then Screen Capture

Analyze, then Screen Capture.

and then post the 3 screen captures.

Below is my demonstration on my system

ANALYSIS COMPLETE - (1.646 secs)

0.41MB to be removed. (Approximate size)

Marked for deletion: C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat

Marked for deletion: C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat

C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\Recent\Cookies.lnk 561 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\Recent\index.dat.lnk 733 bytes

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\FrameWork.log 1.09KB

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\wbemcore.log 9.63KB

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\wbemess.log 2.80KB

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\wmiprov.log 201 bytes

CLEANING COMPLETE - (5.153 secs)

0.41MB removed.

Details of files deleted

C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\Recent\Cookies.lnk 561 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\Recent\index.dat.lnk 733 bytes

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\FrameWork.log 1.09KB

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\wbemcore.log 9.63KB

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\wbemess.log 2.80KB

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\wmiprov.log 201 bytes

Removed Cookie: www.google.com

Removed Cookie: mail.google.com

ANALYSIS COMPLETE - (1.156 secs)

0 bytes to be removed. (Approximate size)

N.B. The first two above show a total of 0.41 MB,

I actually deleted a few hundred files from my capture before posting above.

N.B. Cookies were deleted , even though the Analyze failed to show them.

Analyze seems perfect when Firefox is not running.

When Firefox is running its cache cannot be cleaned,

and both Analyze and "Run Cleaner" show the cache is/will be skipped,

but Analyze does not realise that "Run Cleaner" is able to clean cookies (I recently reported as a bug).

Incidentally, Analyze took 1,6 and then 1.1 seconds, and yesterday 1.3 Seconds

Yours took 9.1 Seconds ! ! !

There are 8 icons (including CCleaner) on my task bar - it has been busier.

I have just launched Windows task manager whilst posting this.

On Processes tab I selected CCleaner.exe so it has a blue highlight

Then I left clicked on the CPU column until System Idle Process was at the top.

System Idle Process was bouncing between 93% and 98%. until I hit the CCleaner Analyze button,

then the CCleaner.exe jumped to the top with 47% for about 1 second until it completed analysis.

If you find CCleaner uses about 8% for its 9 second analysis,

then a lot of processor power is being sucked up by something else,

possibly video / flash playing on a browser - possibly malware ! !

Alternatives are that your C:\ drive has far more than the 8 GB used space in 50,000 files that I have,

or your processor cannot keep up with my 5 year old Laptop with 2.6 GHz Intel Celeron.

Regards

Alan

Hello Alan and Hazelnut.Here is the first capture,of Analyze.

ANALYSIS COMPLETE - (1.264 secs)

2.21MB to be removed. (Approximate size)

Marked for deletion: C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat

Marked for deletion: C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\IswTmp\Logs\ISWAK.swl 332 bytes

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\IswTmp\Logs\ISWDMP.swl 332 bytes

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\IswTmp\Logs\ISWFRAME.swl 332 bytes

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\IswTmp\Logs\ISWFWMON.swl 332 bytes

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\IswTmp\Logs\ISWMENUS.swl 332 bytes

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\IswTmp\Logs\ISWSHEX.swl.old 8.12KB

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\IswTmp\Logs\ISWSPYSCAN.swl 332 bytes

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\IswTmp\Logs\ISWSTATS.swl 332 bytes

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\IswTmp\Logs\ISWSVC.swl.old 10.56KB

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\IswTmp\Logs\ISWUILIB.swl 332 bytes

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\IswTmp\Logs\ISWUL.swl 332 bytes

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\IswTmp\Logs\ISWUPD.swl 332 bytes

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\IswTmp\Logs\ISWVEXT.swl 332 bytes

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\IswTmp\WH\0 0.94MB

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\WGAErrLog.txt 255 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\GoogleQuickSearchBox.log 0 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\ISWVEXT\FFCleanupPolicy.xml 17.88KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\isw_acc_10100000 0 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\CPLic.swl.old 45.34KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\FFApi.swl.old 508 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWAK.swl.old 668 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWDMP.swl.old 1.34KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWFRAME.swl.old 908 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWFWMON.swl.old 6.57KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWGUI.swl.old 4.90KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWMENUS.swl.old 2.03KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWMGR.swl.old 48.29KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWSHEX.swl.old 5.75KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWSPYSCAN.swl.old 92 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWSTATS.swl.old 92 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWUILIB.swl.old 860 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWUL.swl.old 35.57KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWUPD.swl.old 860 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWVEXT.swl.old 2.25KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\SiteChecker.swl.old 1.86KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\Trustchecker.swl 4.00KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\TrustcheckerMozillaPlugin.swl 3.03KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\PA\2f7fb469b38f8ae1e9c72c2b0e209141 0 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\WH\0 0.94MB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\isw_acc_80100000 0 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\~DF59D4.tmp 96.00KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\~DF66C.tmp 16.00KB

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\wbemcore.log 891 bytes

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\wbemess.log 6.89KB

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\wmiprov.log 67 bytes

Removed Cookie: zonealarm.com

Removed Cookie: www.zonealarm.com

Removed Cookie: www.stpetersalumni.org.nz

Removed Cookie: amazon.com

Removed Cookie: starpulse.com

Removed Cookie: chitika.net

Removed Cookie: ebay.com

rouble posting the next two captures.I will try again with a new first capture,"analyze"ANALYSIS COMPLETE - (1.306 secs)

2.21MB to be removed. (Approximate size)

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\IswTmp\Logs\ISWSHEX.swl.old 7.12KB

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\IswTmp\Logs\ISWSVC.swl.old 10.09KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\GoogleQuickSearchBox.log 0 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\ISWVEXT\FFCleanupPolicy.xml 17.88KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\isw_acc_10100000 0 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\CPLic.swl.old 45.34KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\FFApi.swl.old 508 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWAK.swl.old 668 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWDMP.swl.old 1.34KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWFRAME.swl.old 908 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWFWMON.swl.old 7.82KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWGUI.swl.old 4.92KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWMENUS.swl.old 2.03KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWMGR.swl.old 51.76KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWSHEX.swl.old 6.07KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWSPYSCAN.swl.old 380 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWSTATS.swl.old 92 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWUILIB.swl.old 860 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWUL.swl.old 32.65KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWUPD.swl.old 860 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWVEXT.swl.old 2.25KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\SiteChecker.swl.old 1.86KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\Trustchecker.swl 4.00KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\TrustcheckerMozillaPlugin.swl 3.03KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\PA\2f7fb469b38f8ae1e9c72c2b0e209141 0 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\~DF934.tmp 96.00KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\~DFB72C.tmp 16.00KB

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\wbemess.log 5.24KB

Removed Cookie: adsfac.net

Removed Cookie: quantserve.com

Removed Cookie: tacoda.net

Rem

Here is the second capture,"run"

CLEANING COMPLETE - (1.010 secs)

2.21MB removed.

Details of files deleted

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\IswTmp\Logs\ISWSHEX.swl.old 7.12KB

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\IswTmp\Logs\ISWSVC.swl.old 10.09KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWFWMON.swl.old 7.82KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWGUI.swl.old 4.92KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWMGR.swl.old 51.76KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWSHEX.swl.old 6.07KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWSPYSCAN.swl.old 380 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\ISWUL.swl.old 32.65KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\Trustchecker.swl 7.87KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\TrustcheckerMozillaPlugin.swl 5.93KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\jusched.log 363 bytes

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\~DF934.tmp 96.00KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\~DFB72C.tmp 16.00KB

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Logs\wbemess.log 5.24KB

Rem

Here is the third capture,"analyze"

ANALYSIS COMPLETE - (0.114 secs)

6.96KB to be removed. (Approximate size)

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\Trustchecker.swl 3.96KB

C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\IswTmp\Logs\TrustcheckerMozillaPlugin.swl 3.00KB