best free downloading program

docta13

• Moderators

Most(I hope) of the users here dont use those programs. The reason for that being 1. Its illegal and 2. Its one of the easiest and most common ways to get viruses, worms, ect. I have cleaned countless pcs that have been infected because of using these programs. This wasnt as big of a problem 6 years ago but now its a huge risk.

That being said here is a list of just about all of the available ones:

http://www.download.com/File-Sharing/3150-...tml?tag=nav_dir

Most(I hope) of the users here dont use those programs. The reason for that being 1. Its illegal and 2. Its one of the easiest and most common ways to get viruses, worms, ect. I have cleaned countless pcs that have been infected because of using these programs. This wasnt as big of a problem 6 years ago but now its a huge risk.

That being said here is a list of just about all of the available ones:

http://www.download.com/File-Sharing/3150-...tml?tag=nav_dir

Ditto

• Moderators
File sharing applications are not illegal. Sharing pirated files is only legal in Canada though.

Who honestly uses file sharing programs to download legal content.

I hate to break it to you but I have heard reports on various technology related sites that the law in canada is trying to be changed as we speak.

Who honestly uses file sharing programs to download legal content.

I hate to break it to you but I have heard reports on various technology related sites that the law in canada is trying to be changed as we speak.

rridgely i use Bitcomet to download legal game demo's, trailers and any application sites that support bittorrent. FileRush & 3DGamers both have legal torrents. Also many large applications such as OpenOffice, TheOpenCd & Ultimate Boot Cd have torrent links to download the respective apps.

For anyone to say that a torrent application is illegal is for me rather strange you cant blame the means of getting a illegal file for the offence i mean think about it not that i would know :rolleyes: but buying weed is illegal but you cant blame the mode of transport people use to go and but it.

Guest Mangix

i use plenty of stuff

i use Shareaza(for Gnutella 1 and 2)

Azureus for Torrents

eMule for eDonkey2000 files. but im thinking about uninstalling eMule cause it is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow. eDonkey2000 is slow with Shareaza too.

and i also use DC++ for Bulgarian Music(none of the other p2p networks have any :()

btw: shareaza is the best p2p client that i have ever seen. it's built in media player with the ability to play nonfinished files is really nice along with its incredible XML skinning support.