Registry issues

Eli

Hi

I got all this registry unused file extension issues in one day(today) and I haven`t got the faintest idea what these are and if I can safely delete after backup.Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

OS : MS windows XP pro sp3 Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 3800, 2009Mhz.
Mother board : Gygabyte M61 PM-S2 Ram : 3GB
Disk space : 649.05 GB Default browser: Firefox
Protection : Sandboxie, MBam free version

• Moderators

If you've uninstalled something that can happen. It can also happen if you've opened folders that contain files with those extensions as Windows automatically adds them into the registry.

My recommendation is make a registry backup with ERUNT before you clean them, and allow CCleaner to also create a .REG backup.

If you've uninstalled something that can happen. It can also happen if you've opened folders that contain files with those extensions as Windows automatically adds them into the registry.

My recommendation is make a registry backup with ERUNT before you clean them, and allow CCleaner to also create a .REG backup.

The only program I have uninstalled yesterday is:Irfan View.Does it make any sense now?

The only program I have uninstalled yesterday is:Irfan View.Does it any sense now?

Extensions are remnants registry items which can be safely deleted. To my taste Andavari is over cautious but no offence, *.reg backup in CCleaner should be enough. If you install an application, extensions are created and written to registry. Was that application uninstalled, they are no more needed. I ever clean them.

Acer TravelMate P645-MG, Intel Core i7 4500U 1,8GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3GHz, 12GB RAM, SSD 256GB, AMD Radeon HD 8750M with 2GB, Windows Pro 64 8.1

Thanks for the replies. ;)

i was reading in another site that defragmenting the registry is alot better thatn cleaning..so i tried this morning the winaso defragmenter tool..and it really works good...you have the option to backup and restotre reg. if you want.

i was reading in another site that defragmenting the registry is alot better thatn cleaning..so i tried this morning the winaso defragmenter tool..and it really works good...you have the option to backup and restotre reg. if you want.

I have only 4% registry defragmentation....