Multiple Instances of Defraggler

Ch3vr0n

Hi folks of piriform,

A while ago it was possible to run defraggler twice via executing some df.exe or something along with the standard way via shortcut on desktop. This was however disabled(fixed?) not too long ago. I was hoping if ther was any way of running defraggler twice some other way. I'm asking because i've got multiple harddrives of both 1TB in size and defragging them one at a time takes a time. Being able to run defraggler multiple times would certainly speed up this process.

Just before you worry that my system couldnt handle it, its more then adequate. I'm using the following setup.

Intel Core2Quad Q9550

8GHZ Corsair XMS2 pc8500

Asus P5Q-E

2x Samsung F1 Spinpoint 1TB

thus the performance issue is not an option.

If it is not possible, i would like to suggest this being implemented in the next version. Perhaps build in some kind of dialogue box (that can be enabled/disabled if you do not want it to show up again or want it to reappear), when a second instance of defraggler is started for the first time.

It may not be a pressing matter this issue, but i would be very grateful if it could be done. I used UltimateDefrag a few times, and that program has that ability, however it often corrupted files on my HD and i even had to use the my vista install disc to repair the MBR. This is the only program so far that hasnt failed me once, but i'm missing the option to defrag multiple drives at once.

So in short the "suggestion" is this.

Either A) being able to startup defraggler multiple times where each copy is able to defrag 1 drive at a time

or B) Defraggler can only be launched 1 time as it is now, but being able to intiate defragmentation on multiple drives at the same time within the single instance of defraggler