Are Advanced Setting for Recuva Available?

formfrank84

:( I have been wondering how Recuva works. Some recovery softwares such as GetDataBack require that you first set the recovery HDisk as slave before you try to do some recovery. I am currently listening to music, downloading in the background, posting this thread and at the same time running REcuva. Will this affect file recovery. What I know is that the recovery will obviously be slow but I don't mind.

:( I have been wondering how Recuva works. Some recovery softwares such as GetDataBack require that you first set the recovery HDisk as slave before you try to do some recovery.

Well when a file is deleted its actually still there it just changes the first letter of the file name to ? which can't be seen in Explorer. Then it alters the FAT (File Allocation Table) so its not listed.

The reason when you try to revover a file and you are given the option to choose a drive and folder is because if you use the same drive then you could overwrite another file you want to recover. You maybe better of just using a flash drive its quicker and safer.

How does Recuva actually work?

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

:( I have been wondering how Recuva works. Some recovery softwares such as GetDataBack require that you first set the recovery HDisk as slave before you try to do some recovery. I am currently listening to music, downloading in the background, posting this thread and at the same time running REcuva. Will this affect file recovery. What I know is that the recovery will obviously be slow but I don't mind.

Well. Thanks alot. Then it means its better to choose a drive different from the one currently running? I mean the drive I would like to recovery from shouldn't be my main drive at the time of recovery? :( In NTFS file system does Recuva follow links to storage places in System32, Registry and Program files such that an uninstalled program can be recovered?

• Moderators
I am currently listening to music, downloading in the background, posting this thread and at the same time running REcuva. Will this affect file recovery.

Why are you doing all this? Performing any operation on your pc can overwrite whatever you want to recover. Performing all that is simply feckless.