CCleaner v2.21

MrG

• Admin

cclogo.png

This new release of CCleaner adds a lot of improvements:

CCleaner v2.21.940

• Added U3 smart drive support. (Separate installer)
  • Added support for:
    Adobe Reader 9.0, Adobe Photoshop CS3,
    Adobe Photoshop CS4, Adobe Illustrator CS4,
    Nero Burning ROM 9, OpenOffice 3.1,
    AVG AntiVirus 8.0, AntiVir Desktop
    and Vuze.
  • Added Installed date and size to Uninstall Tool.
  • Added support for multiple item selection on Start up tool.
  • Added support for cleaning Windows 2008 IIS log files.
  • Improved Windows 7 support.
  • Improved 64-bit Registry cleaning accuracy.
  • Improved loading of System Restore Tool.
  • Improved various routines in the uninstaller code.
  • Fixed Windows 7 Task Scheduler bug.
  • Fixed "No Disk" bug when using Wipe Free Space.
  • Fixed Win98 support.
  • Minor text and translation improvements.
  • Minor bug fixes.

Click here to visit the CCleaner.com site and to download

View the full blog post

Oh, this is awesome! Added the "Installed Date and Size to the Uninstall Tool" :D
I Know I couldn't wait either for that, I'm so glad its there now! I've just noticed that the date/size for the uninstaller is only on Vista and not on XP.(maybe you should note that?)

DahWillsta?

Great job guys! Especially with the Date/Time in the Uninstall list. Thanks for all you do.

There's always an exception to the rule. I'm that exception.

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif

Small problem : I've got lots of programs, but the size is only displayed for Silverlight, the Microsoft C++ Redistribuable , OOo 3.1 and the Windows Media Player plugin for FF :huh:

Piriform French translator

• 2 weeks later...
I've just noticed that the date/size for the uninstaller is only on Vista and not on XP.(maybe you should note that?)

Yup, same here. I seem to remember them adding a publisher column to the uninstall list a while back and that too has never shown in XP. Hopefully they will get round to fixing them both sometime.

Does the registry cleaner in CCleaner work as well as a dedicated registry cleaner.

It depends on what you class as working well. It may not find as many entries as some more aggressive reg cleaners but that is deliberate as it is designed to be a safe reg cleaner, whereas some of the more aggressive cleaners can cause more harm than good.

• 2 weeks later...

Ever since I upgraded CCleaner to v 2.21.940 there has been a problem with openoffice.org 3.1.0 build 9399 on my Windows Vista with service pack 2 laptop.

Now every time I open openoffice.org after running ccleaner it asks me if I want to register, which I already have. When I uncheck the openoffice.org in the applications list this does not happen.