Opera 10.00 Beta 1 Cleanup

CCleaner_Fan

So this is my contribution to the greatest British Company in the Universe :)

I have searched high and low for an addition to winapp2.ini but to no luck, so hopefully this will help. I looked at the internal ini files (no luck) and then looked at the legacy Opera in winapp2.ini. I then did a before and after shot (System Explorer 1.5) of the inbuilt Opera cleaner and this was my final result.

[*Opera (Beta)]

LangSecRef=3027

Detect=HKCU\Software\Opera Software

Default=True

FileKey1=%appdata%\Opera\Opera 10 Preview\sessions|autosave.win

FileKey2=%appdata%\Opera\Opera 10 Preview|cookies4.dat

FileKey3=%appdata%\Opera\Opera 10 Preview|download.dat

FileKey4=%appdata%\Opera\Opera 10 Preview\profile|global.dat

FileKey5=%appdata%\Opera\Opera 10 Preview|typed_history.xml

FileKey6=%appdata%\Opera\Opera 10 Preview|vlink4.dat

FileKey7=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Opera\Opera 10 Preview\cache\revocation|*.*

FileKey8=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Opera\Opera 10 Preview\cache\revocation|dcache4.url

FileKey9=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Opera\Opera 10 Preview\cache\revocation|vlink4.dat

FileKey10=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Opera\Opera 10 Preview\temporary_downloads|*.*

FileKey11=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Opera\Opera 10 Preview\cache|dcache4.url

FileKey12=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Opera\Opera 10 Preview\cache|*.*

FileKey13=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Opera\Opera 10 Preview\icons|*.*

These keys are for normal Opera due to the fact CCleaner misses these directories, I don't know how important it will effect your browsing, but mine seems fine!

FileKey14=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Opera\Opera\profile\opcache|*.*

FileKey15=%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Opera\Opera\profile\images|*.*

*I was going to add Spotify (Swedish design) but I don't see the point as most users are happy for this information to be retained.

Please edit this post if you feel changes need to be made, or alternatively just show you appreciation by saluting Piriform!!! :)

This might be my first post but I have been using CCleaner since the days of 1.37.456, but more so the portable version that was built by another user on portableapps.com. Thankfully Piriform jumped on the band wagon and made version 2 natively portable, which stopped the frequent errors I was receiving.

Small problem : %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\ doesn't exist anymore in Vista/Seven ;)

There is %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\ (= %appdata%) and %userprofile%\AppData\Local\ .

Piriform French translator

Thanks for the reply, forgot to mention I am using XP, so expect some changes for Vista/7

Thanks for pointing out! I don't have a Vista machine so testing is only available on friends machines :(