How to make computer use font you want?

Icedrake

right-click your desktop, click properties.

click appearance tab.

click advanced button.

under item, select icon. change whatever you need to and click ok 2 times.

Simplicity is hard.

Okay found it. I tried it out, and I changed all of the fonts to Segoe UI, and everything looks wierd now. What are all the default fonts for the Advanced section so I can change it back to normal?

Also, for my comp to look good, which fonts in the advanced section should I change to Segoe UI?

I don't really know :blink:

I use Vista now. I just remembered all that from XP. Hope there is a "Restore Default" button O.O

It's better not to mess around with the system font, etc.

Simplicity is hard.

Nope no Restore Default button, but for some weird reason, I don't think the settings got saved, because when I changed my theme, and reapplied the default Luna theme, everything was back to normal. :blink:

Found this theme called Luna Blue on deviantart, and it uses the SegoeUI font, and it makes everything perfect, because it uses the SegoeUI for the right settings.

Nope no Restore Default button, but for some weird reason, I don't think the settings got saved, because when I changed my theme, and reapplied the default Luna theme, everything was back to normal. :blink:

If you want that way, you have to edit the font settings of the MSSTYLES file of the Visual Style you prefer. I just use ResEdit for that.

• Moderators

Ice, Returnil might be a good program for you.

Means you can mess with, or try out, system changing tweaks, and then put everything back as it was with a re-boot if you don't like what you see.

Returnil:

I use it all the time for trying out stuff, and have it installed without the Virtual Partition.