Warning message for Reg Cleaner

Aethec

Simple suggestion : Add a warning message, displayed when the user clicks on "Registry" part (with a "Never show this again" checkbox) to say something like "Registry clean may cause problems. Do not delete a key unless you know what it is".

Useful for all users believing they can safely clean everything... ;)

Piriform French translator

• Moderators

+1 I agree :) but then my signature would go unread :P

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

How many people will heed such advice though? I think a warning would be alright, but at the same time CCleaner should make a dual backup approach such as:

* Ability to make a System Restore Point on supported versions of Windows -or- do something like ERUNT does.

* Always make a .REG backup, with some sort of built in manager feature to restore or delete old redundant backups.

That's why with aggressive registry cleaners which CCleaner isn't people will run into so many issues because they don't know exactly what they're deleting, or the list is so long nobody in their right mind has the patience level to weed through every listed entry.

How many people will heed such advice though? I think a warning would be alright, but at the same time CCleaner should make a dual backup approach such as:

* Ability to make a System Restore Point on supported versions of Windows -or- do something like ERUNT does.

* Always make a .REG backup, with some sort of built in manager feature to restore or delete old redundant backups.

That's why with aggressive registry cleaners which CCleaner isn't people will run into so many issues because they don't know exactly what they're deleting, or the list is so long nobody in their right mind has the patience level to weed through every listed entry.

Maybe that could be a suggestion then? Have an option for ccleaner to back up the registry onstart up. I'd quite happily uninstal erunt if ccleaner had this option.

No fate but what we make

Greeeeeeeeeat further proof I am not in my right mind. :lol::P:lol: