A couple of suggestions

This might have been suggested before. I have no clue.

1. An option to add apps to the startup should be added.

Reasons:

In case the user wants his browser to start automatically when his Windows boots.

In case the user has by mistake, removed an app from the list.

2. A separate folder in the CCleaner folder which is dedicated for Registy Fixer Backup Files. A button should be added in the Registry tab which takes you directly to the folder. Something like that?

Maybe an option that allows you to choose the folder where you store the reg backups?

3. Not so important: A history tab to see how much space, etc. has been cleaned in the last couple of runs.

[Proved Hopeless]

4. Just IMHO the "Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours" should be reduced to 24 hours or say 36 hours.

An option to set the time period: 24 or 48?

5. One more thing, A little information could be added to the "Uninstall" module. Like Date Installed, Size. "Sort Apps by Name OR Size, etc"

Will make the uninstaller more robust and easy to use!

6. An option when you Right Button click(Disable, Delete) on a startup app line.. which would say "Locate file on Explorer". This should redirect you to the folder where the file is located.

So that inexperienced users know what exactly is running on every startup

7. Optional warning message in the Registry Cleaner Module which says "Beware, blah blah"

For the newbies, who go and screw their PCs (Can be disabled in the Settings)

8. A teeny app to clear system memory(RAM) I know. I Know. Won't be considered. Hell (:

At least this can replace the dreaded "Wipe Free Spaces"

9. Right Click on any folder > Clean with CCleaner

Could either erase everything OR caches, thumbnails, etc. (In case, the user wants to remove the cache, etc. of only THAT specific folder) Depending on settings.

Simplicity is hard.

1. I think that is a good idea, since CCleaner already has a lot of useful utilitys like the Registry cleaner and it's uninstaller, something to manage startup items would be good! I agree with you on this one Ishan.

2. 50/50 on this one. I think it's a good idea, but doesn't CCleaner save registry backups in My Documents? (I don't know, never used the Reg Cleaner). If it doesn't save the backups by default in an easy place to find, I think your suggestion is good. Something to add to your suggestion: Maybe an option that allows you to choose the folder where you store the reg backups?

3. Good idea, I like it. What would be the point of it though? :lol:

4. Eh... I dunno about this one since I've never seen that option in CCleaner (that's probably because I haven't looked for it lol!).

5. I like this suggestion a lot. This would help users out a lot, instead of having just the programs listed.

By the way, for your last question/quote, CCleaner's uninstaller isn't supposed to be like an uninstaller that removes the leftovers of an app after it's uninstalled. The CCleaner uninstaller only launches the program's default uninstaller.

So, overall, I like your suggestions Ishan! :)

Very thoughtful suggestions. There is careful analysis behind them. Good job by ishan_rulz.

#1. Not sure I understand all that this one means, but it would be nice to have a right click option to identify the file path.

#2. Good idea to save the registry backups to a place you can remember. You can set that up manually. Icedrake, I created a folder on an external drive called "CC_regbaks" to keep, well, CCleaner registry backups. :-) CCleaner "remembers" it and offers to save registry backups to there every time. I have several back ups saved there and have tried restoring them and it worked.

#3. Would be a good way to promote CCleaner. It cleans a lot of stuff quickly.

#4. I would probably leave that one alone.

#5. Good idea. Might combine the function suggested in #1 and show the path to the .exe?

I bet the Piriform team will appreciate the feedback, ishan_rulz.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Can you put this into the ccleaner?

c:\Users\<current user>\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects

Open CCleaner>Options>Include ..and add whatever you want to get cleaned!

Or you can download Winapp2.ini and add the details :)

Simplicity is hard.

Reasons:

2. A separate folder in the CCleaner folder which is dedicated for Registy Fixer Backup Files. A button should be added in the Registry tab which takes you directly to the folder. Something like that?

3. Not so important: A history tab to see how much space, etc. has been cleaned in the last couple of runs.

4. Just IMHO the "Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours" should be reduced to 24 hours or say 36 hours.

5. One more thing, A little information could be added to the "Uninstall" module. Like Date Installed, Size. "Sort Apps by Name OR Size, etc"

6. An option when you Right Button click(Disable, Delete) on a startup app line.. which would say "Locate file on Explorer". This should redirect you to the folder where the file is located.

-.Edited.-

Reasons:

In case the user wants his browser to start automatically when his Windows boots. *Create a shortcut to what you want to run in Start/All Programs/Startup folder. This will load apps on startup*

In case the user has by mistake, removed an app from the list. *Use the disable if you are not sure, instead of delete*

2. A separate folder in the CCleaner folder which is dedicated for Registy Fixer Backup Files. A button should be added in the Registry tab which takes you directly to the folder. Something like that? *Backups are stored in My Documents by default. Yes, CCleaner should store it in a folder called Registry Backups under program files/ccleaner. It should have the option to always ask where to store files, or to automatically save them in the program folder.*

Maybe an option that allows you to choose the folder where you store the reg backups? *See above*

3. Not so important: A history tab to see how much space, etc. has been cleaned in the last couple of runs. *Although the purpose of CCleaner is to remove history, not add or keep*

[Proved Hopeless] *I agree, it would be pointless.*

4. Just IMHO the "Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours" should be reduced to 24 hours or say 36 hours. *Yes, it should have an option you can select for 12, 24, 36, or 48 hours*

An option to set the time period: 24 or 48?

5. One more thing, A little information could be added to the "Uninstall" module. Like Date Installed, Size. "Sort Apps by Name OR Size, etc" *That would be nice to have an option you can tick for more information if needed so it won't slow it down when it isn't needed*

Will make the uninstaller more robust and easy to use!

6. An option when you Right Button click(Disable, Delete) on a startup app line.. which would say "Locate file on Explorer". This should redirect you to the folder where the file is located. *That would be very nice. Then you could more easily see whether that file you wanted to disable was related to malware. Sometimes there is very little info on them*

1. Yes, this would be great.

2. This'd be really neat. And automatic backups, too. (without asking user) And a way to restore backups without having to merge the REG file (most users don't know what is a reg file)

3. Not really important...

4. I don't know...

5. Yes...Windows's uninstaller has that feature...(it is in whe Seven uninstaller, I don't know if it is in Vista / XP)

6. Good idea.

7. Hey, that was my idea :lol:

I totally agree ; This would dramatically reduce the number of "bugs" people are having after running reg cleaner.

8. Those NEVER work.

9. Why not...

Piriform French translator