CCleaner Community Forums
Parkjack

Firewall help

Hi,

I keep cleaning my computer but pop-ups and Adware, among other things keep popping up. Winfixer is one of the worst.

I'm running XP and was wondering if anyone knew of a good Firewall that I could download (hopefully for free) that works well at keeping these thing out.

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

Take a look at the software forum.

zone alarm lacks security for wireless networks. I prefer sygate, but since symantec accquired them, strangely, I have been having problems lately.

Guest Mangix

or is aquiring :P

according to Andavari, "Another one bites the dust to a Corperate Gorilla"

It's not a separate AVG firewall, it's the antivirus plus a firewall. It's also 50 bucks for a 2 year license, which means I won't be trying it.

Guest Mangix
zone alarm lacks security for wireless networks.

you do know that there is a special Edition of ZoneAlarm that is made for Wireless networks right?

ZoneLab's current software version of 6.0 is buggy..would wait until they fix all the bugs and come out with an update..which should be soon. There's a beta being tested right now and should be out shortly.

But until then..check out www.filseclab.com. Their firewall hasn't failed me yet..extremely light on cpu resources and memory..and its GUI/Interface is, if not as easy as ZoneLab's ZoneAlarm. :D