Ethernet Controller driver

xbrianx

It seems like my amount of questions and need of help has been rising lately <_<

I was going through my desktop and uninstalling stuff, since I won't be using it that much anymore. I uninstalled Unreal Tournament 3 and the AGEIA PhysX software that came with the game. Shortly afterward, my internet was cut off. I use the Netgear card and the software that comes with it. Restarting the software didn't help, so I restarted my computer. When it turned back on, I get the "Found New Hardware" wizard and it wants me to install the driver for my Ethernet Controller. The Device Manager shows a question mark beside the entry and says "This device is not configured correctly(Code 1)." The Netgear software won't even open now.

Now, I've spent almost 2 hours searching Google and reading other people's problems. I searched Dell, the brand of my computer, for the driver, but I only get the Broadcom Gigabit Controllers, which I've tried and nothing happened. I have no idea what brand I should even contact, because I don't know if the Ethernet Controller is a part of my motherboard, from Dell(which I Googled "ethernet controller dell i925x" and found nothing), or if it's associated with Netgear or the previous wireless internet brands I've used, like Belkin.

I can't search on the desktop, because the internet isn't working. Anything that I have to try, I have to download on this computer and move it over to the desktop. Any help? Am I searching for the wrong thing completely?

In Device Manager, try right click choose "Uninstall" on the not working device, reboot and wait for it to try installing itself.

Now Ethernet Controller is most likley the phisical motherboard one.

Are you currently using the blue ethernet cable between your adsl modem and the PC or is it wireless between them.

fireryone

In Device Manager, try right click choose "Uninstall" on the not working device, reboot and wait for it to try installing itself.

Now Ethernet Controller is most likley the phisical motherboard one.

Are you currently using the blue ethernet cable between your adsl modem and the PC or is it wireless between them.

Okay, I'll try that when I get the chance tomorrow.

I'm not using any Ethernet cables, I'm using a wireless card. PCI I think?