help!

TheFiresInTheSky

hey, i got an xp and i got a few questions.....is there a certain folder in system32 ect... that opens the cd drive? i wanted to make a shortcut and have that point to that folder so i could open, close, or send it 2 someone else. thanx B)

Download Tray Commander lite FREE(253Kb)

http://www.ardamax.com/info_tcl.html

EDIT: SORRY This info for full paid version 2.2

the EDIT because I couldn't find any info in this page that say this is a trial version and for howlong. the info is at the bottom of the left panel (i.e the homepage)

http://www.ardamax.com/help/open_cdrom.html

Tray Commander is a small shell extension that lets you gain access to most frequently used system commands and applications via a customizable menu. The menu in its turn pops up as you click on the program icon in the system tray. You can add your own commands to the menu, specify other options and then only access the commands you need most with a single click.

menu0gv.gif

Supported commands:

Load application

Open folder

Open Special folder

Open Control Panel item

Open file

Open URL

Write letter

Launch screensaver

Make screenshot

Reboot computer

Shutdown computer

Shutdown monitor

Open/close CD drive

Paste text

Set video mode

Separator

Command series

Submenu

Other commands

Download Tray Commander lite FREE(253Kb)

http://www.ardamax.com/info_tcl.html

EDIT: SORRY  This info for full paid version 2.2

the EDIT because I couldn't find any info in this page that say this is a trial version and for howlong. the info is at the bottom of the left panel (i.e the homepage)

http://www.ardamax.com/help/open_cdrom.html

Tray Commander is a small shell extension that lets you gain access to most frequently used system commands and applications via a customizable menu. The menu in its turn pops up as you click on the program icon in the system tray. You can add your own commands to the menu, specify other options and then only access the commands you need most with a single click.

menu0gv.gif

Supported commands:

Load application

Open folder

Open Special folder

Open Control Panel item

Open file

Open URL

Write letter

Launch screensaver

Make screenshot

Reboot computer

Shutdown computer

Shutdown monitor

Open/close CD drive

Paste text

Set video mode

Separator

Command series

Submenu

Other commands

ok.....i wanted something i could send to my friend over aim or e-mail and he clicks that link. i dont want a program. i want something that would work on his computer to.

HUH? Are you trying to exchange files with your friend? If so, what does the cd drive have to do with it? Looks like you need to link with your friend. If you need a shortcut to your cd drive: start>my computer>right click your drive and select "create shortcut". That will give you a desktop shortcut. From there you can add files to a cd, or create files from a cd that is not write protected. If you can tell us what you want to send or receive it would help a lot.

If it isn't broke, tweak it.

• Moderators

From what I understand he only wants a shortcut when clicked will open or close the CD drive. The only problem is I've never known of such a way of doing that without the usage of software, I'm thinking it would also mean an ASPI driver/layer would have to be pre-installed. I don't know if it could be done with a JavaScript file (.js) or Visual Basic file (.vbs).

Guest Mangix

ummmm. a .vbs is a VBScript file not a VB file.

and it is possible if there is a COM object that can let you open/close a CD Drive

yea.....i just wanted a link to open my cd drive. (i no nothing with vbs, java script, ect...) i wanted to make it so i could send just that link to my friend and he would click it...it would open up cd drive

what about using command prompt?

yea.....i just wanted a link to open my cd drive. (i no nothing with vbs, java script, ect...) i wanted to make it so i could send just that link to my friend and he would click it...it would open up cd drive

what about using command prompt?

Years ago, there was a e-mail prank going around that had an attachment. When you opened the attachment, you got a window that said you would get a free beverage holder and had a "OK" button. When you clicked the OK button, your CD tray would open. A rumor got started that it had a trojan hidden in it and people stopped sending it. You can download it here and scan the crap outta it just to be sure it's clean. Cokegift.exe

http://www.angelfire.com/mn/coolcrapcentral/programs.html

post-1544-1124763768_thumb.jpg

post-1544-1124763768_thumb.jpg

Years ago, there was a e-mail prank going around that had an attachment. When you opened the attachment, you got a window that said you would get a free beverage holder and had a "OK" button. When you clicked the OK button, your CD tray would open. A rumor got started that it had a trojan hidden in it and people stopped sending it. You can download it here and scan the crap outta it just to be sure it's clean. Cokegift.exe

i tried it but angelfire wouldnt allow me to download it

hey, i got an xp and i got a few questions.....is there a certain folder in system32 ect... that opens the cd drive? i wanted to make a shortcut and have that point to that folder so i could open, close, or send it 2 someone else. thanx B)

still wanna no bout that folder

i want something hes not gonna c. so he wont no it was from the coke thing. and i didnt want him 2 hav 2 click on anything. look on second page

so basically a virus were he gets an email from you and his drive opens? as for simple, djlizard's works good, and its crazy small.

so ur sayin w/ this program he's not gonna even c it? wats the link to this program?

i guess what i should be asking is whats a good website to learan computer code? because i wanted to also do stuff like make a file that turns off my computer. it would be fine if i could just write it in notepad and save it. then whenever i wanted to turn it off i just double-click it.