Is the registry cleaner totally safe?

Drew99GT

First off, I'm a complete non-techie when it comes to computers. Getting into the registry is totally advanced for me.

Is Ccleaners registry cleaner as safe as it gets? many people I've talked to say don't use ANY registry cleaner but to manually clean it out yourself. Ha! Might as well tell me to engineer a spaceship.

I used it last night for the first time cause I've installed and uninstalled tons of software so I figured there be gobs of unneeded "crap" in my registry and sure enough, there was. Computer does indeed startup faster now too.

The registry backup is always there but I read one review on download.com that said it won't backup the startup portion of the registry which is crucial.

• Moderators

The registry cleaner in CCleaner is definitely the safest reg cleaner their is. I have been using CCleaner for over two years now and it has never once caused any problems. The reason is that it isnt exactly all that powerful. Its for exactly what you used it for, removing the remnants left over from deleting software.

I trust the reg cleaner so much that I don't make back ups and have told it to even stop asking me to make backups.

I read one review on download.com that said it won't backup the startup portion of the registry which is crucial.

I went back and read the review and misinterpreted it. The review was not discussing the registry cleaner but instead, the startup portion of the tools menu.

I love the product! The only other thing it needs is an option to permanently wipe files clean instead of just the directory entry of the file.

CCleaner is one of many programs I use and was a bit unsure of using it but since installing it I also trust it so much that I also do not backup everytime it cleans. :D

sigforforums.jpg

Signature made with paintnet