Index.dat files

Smirnoff

Version 2.19.900

Is it now safe to tick/check Index.dat files?

In the past, this has been quoted as the reason wanted/saved cookies for usernames/log ins have been deleted.

Using IE8. Is the bug fixed now?

Version 2.19.900

Is it now safe to tick/check Index.dat files?

In the past, this has been quoted as the reason wanted/saved cookies for usernames/log ins have been deleted.

Using IE8. Is the bug fixed now?

Yes it is safe. I had the same problem since installing the IE8 beta und I unchecked the index.dat files to keep my login cookies. With the lastest release I checked them again and cookie handling now is as it should be.

Yes it is safe. I had the same problem since installing the IE8 beta und I unchecked the index.dat files to keep my login cookies. With the lastest release I checked them again and cookie handling now is as it should be.

Thanks for that. By the way, IE8 release version is available now. Advise that you uninstall beta first.

I deleted the index.dat files but not cookies. A site that does not keep me logged in was not affected; my username and password were remembered and I logged in. A site that keeps me logged in indefinitely was affected; I had to log back in.

Would deleting the index.dat files cause this? I thought cookies were the only thing that would affect either situation. I'm using the latest version 2.19.900. and IE8.

I deleted the index.dat files but not cookies. A site that does not keep me logged in was not affected; my username and password were remembered and I logged in. A site that keeps me logged in indefinitely was affected; I had to log back in.

Would deleting the index.dat files cause this? I thought cookies were the only thing that would affect either situation. I'm using the latest version 2.19.900. and IE8.

Deleting the Index.dat files certainly caused this problem for me but it has now reportedly been fixed. Just wondering, have you set IE8 to "Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed" (Tools>Internet Options>Advanced>Security)?

Although you have not set CC to delete cookies, do you still move wanted cookies to the "Cookies to keep" column?

Since re-applying delete Index.dat files, my usernames/passwords have been retained when I visit certain websites. However, I notice that my alternative Windows Live IDs sign in addresses and passwords are NOT retained. Anybody else seeing this?