Strange IE8 / CCleaner problem

I've just been offered the upgrade to IE8 through Windows Update and have downloaded and installed IE8. When I run CCleaner a strange thing happens. As the program runs and is wiping the Internet Explorer files two Windows dialog boxes pop up. Both are headed "Deleting Browsing History" and one subheaded "Deleting history" and the other "Deleting add-on data". Both dialog boxes have a progress bar of their own and the boxes themselves are in standard Windows Vista style (hence I assume they are connected with something IE8 is doing, or trying to, at that moment).

Some details:

Windows Vista SP1

CCleaner 2.19 (but was happening under previous version, just updated to see if problem persisted).

Dialog boxes do not launch when using "Analyze" on CCleaner but do when "Run Cleaner" is chosen.

Problem only started since updating to IE8.

It's a puzzle - has anyone else encountered this or know what the problem could be and how to resolve it? I rarely use Internet Explorer so there's never a great deal to delete anyway but these dialog boxes are popping up each and every time I click on "Run Cleaner".