Firefox 3.6 vs. Google Chrome 2 vs. Safari 4 vs. Opera 10

Icedrake

Firefox 3.6 vs. Google Chrome 2 vs. Safari 4 vs. Opera 10

Written by Vygantas Lipskas on April 27, 2009

While companies are working on their next-generation web browsers, Betanews has managed to test the performance of the upcoming ones, such as:

Firefox 3.5, Firefox 3.6, Google Chrome, Google Chrome 2, Safari 4, Opera 10. Test also includes Internet Explorer 7 and 8.

About

As it says: “Tests combine the Acid3 standards test with three trusted performance tests for CSS rendering and JavaScript speed.”

And now… The results.

f2ad322ab65b.jpg

More is better

Speaking of latest stable releases, Betanews claims that while Firefox 3.0.8 scored 4.7, the latest 3.0.9 release was actually slower (scored 4.37).

What do you guys think? I personally think there's something wrong with those results. I've heard Safari isn't very good at all...

What are exactly those tests ? Things like iBench (Apple), Sunspider (Apple) or V8 Benchmark suite (Google) ?

Are IE7 and 8 in 32 or 64 bits ? Too many unanswered questions...

Things like "FF 3.0.8 is faster than 3.0.9" are weird. I don't think Mozilla would release an update slowing the browser...

Piriform French translator

What are exactly those tests ? Things like iBench (Apple), Sunspider (Apple) or V8 Benchmark suite (Google) ?

Are IE7 and 8 in 32 or 64 bits ? Too many unanswered questions...

Things like "FF 3.0.8 is faster than 3.0.9" are weird. I don't think Mozilla would release an update slowing the browser...

I totally agree with you. Their past tests haven't been very accurate either, so I don't trust FavBrowser's comparisons.

What about 3.0.10?

Fantasy is the celebration of what we no longer are: individuals certain of our meaningfulness in a meaningful world. The wish-fulfillment that distinguishes fantasy from other genres is not to be the all-conquering hero, but to live in a meaningful world. The fact that such worlds are enchanted worlds, worlds steeped in magic, simply demonstrates the severity of our contemporary crisis.
Scott R. Bakker, Why Fantasy and Why Now?

RPG Codex - Putting the 'Role' back in RPG.

The Age of Decadence - A game everyone should look forward to.

• 2 weeks later...

I think firefox is the best out of all of them, it's fast, it has great add-ons and its nice and easy to use.

myuserbar.gif

My computer:

AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core

3.00 gb RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT

600 gb Hard Drive, 3 partitions

Windows Vista Premium 32 bit and Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

What do you guys think? I personally think there's something wrong with those results. I've heard Safari isn't very good at all...

Got a PcWorld today had the same exact test. Chrome came first, IE 8 came second, FF and Safari tied for third

The computer is mightier than the sword

link1.gif link1.gif

Click here for cool stuff

• 7 months later...