how do i play HD video?

beatlebryce

I have a movie in HD, and when I play it, every 5 seconds or so there is a little bit of lag, then it quickly goes to where it should )basically slo-mo then fast forward). How do I play this with normal playback? the video info is: H264 1080p, x264 @ 10231 Kbps. I have K-Lite Codec Pack (full) and VLC media player, but with both, the playback is still laggy. System specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 2.4 Ghz

GeForce 9500 GT with latest driver

4GB RAM (or whatever XP 32bit recognises, 3 GB i think)

Sound Blaster Audigy SE

Please help! Any other questions, just ask. Thanks very much in advance!

I have a movie in HD, and when I play it, every 5 seconds or so there is a little bit of lag, then it quickly goes to where it should )basically slo-mo then fast forward). How do I play this with normal playback? the video info is: H264 1080p, x264 @ 10231 Kbps. I have K-Lite Codec Pack (full) and VLC media player, but with both, the playback is still laggy. System specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 2.4 Ghz

GeForce 9500 GT with latest driver

4GB RAM (or whatever XP 32bit recognises, 3 GB i think)

Sound Blaster Audigy SE

Please help! Any other questions, just ask. Thanks very much in advance!

Give DivX7 a try to play it http://www.divx.com/en/products/software/windows/divx#player ;)

Hmm it seemed to have worked. The audio doesn't seem to work, it's slowed down, choppy, and 4-7 seconds delayed, but the codec seemed to have worked, cos i can play it on media player classic or vlc and, from what I saw (i only had about 20 seconds to see, but that always sufficed to see it didn't work) and it appears that the motion is fine and the audio is good too. Thanks for the help. I read on the DivX site that playing MKV is hard to do right now, as the technology is not good enough for it. Thanks!

• Moderators
I read on the DivX site that playing MKV is hard to do right now, as the technology is not good enough for it. Thanks!

Something else to try is MPUI with MPlayer, plays a ton of stuff, it's free, and it's fully portable so long as you don't register any file types to open in it:

http://mpui.sourceforge.net/

Also that choppiness you're dealing with could be how it was encoded or a missing codec since MKV is a container format.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, sorry hadn't had much time to get around to the program. What exactly am I doing?

Have you try SUPER ?

If you tried everything above but MKV files still doesn't work,you will need to do something else.You will have to find out what codecs was used in. I recommend this steps to try :

1. Download n install VideoInspector or

2. MatroskaDiag.This tool will check if you have what you require installed n if you don't.

Still have problem after follow the steps above ?

You are most likely facing a DirectShow problem.That's it.

Hope this help ;)