Problem "Minimizing" Firefox

Tom AZ

I've just started having trouble minimizing Firefox 2.0.0.20. Maybe it's always been that way, but if so, I don't remember it. I click on the "minimize" button and the screen quickly blinks, but then it remains "full-screen." If I keep horsing around with it and clicking the buttons long enough, I MAY finally get it to minimize, but not very often.

Any thoughts as to what might be causing this? I don't seem to have a problem minimizing anything else.

Get the latest version and have done with it.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/

There are many users of Firefox 2 who refuse to upgrade to Firefox 3 because of the integration of bookmarks and history, both of which are now stored in the places.sqlite file. As a result some users feel that this compromises privacy. With Firefox 2 the History file can be very easily securely deleted.

I use the On-Demand feature of Eraser to securely delete a series of files and folders on Firefox 2 which include the History file. It's quick and easy to securely delete. I can't delete the places.sqlite file in Firefox 3 as I'd be wiping my bookmarks too. If it wasn't for this integration of History with Bookmarks, which I don't like, I would happily upgrade to Firefox 3.

I'm not in love with FF3 either, however my reason for upgrading was because of security updates which for you FF2 users won't ever get fixed.

I understand what you're saying about security, but I'm not overly concerned because I run FF2 under Sandboxie (in addition to a firewall and A/V)

• Moderators

If you still have your minimize problem Tom, have you tried right clicking the shortcut and select "properties" and then select "run maximized" from the drop down menu.

Might not make a difference, but worth a shot.

If you still have your minimize problem Tom, have you tried right clicking the shortcut and select "properties" and then select "run maximized" from the drop down menu.

Might not make a difference, but worth a shot.

Gave it a try, Dennis, but it didn't fix the problem. However, as I mentioned, it is somewhat of a sporadic issue. I also have a workaround -- so I guess it's not a big deal. The biggest frustration now is just trying to figure out what happened to cause it.

• Moderators
The biggest frustration now is just trying to figure out what happened to cause it.

That's a direct route to grey hair and ulcers Tom, if you're not there already. Some things you just can't figure.

I had a similar problem with Defraggler some time ago. I minimised it, and when I clicked it to restore, it maximized. I couldn't find anyway to get it back to the original size.

Minimized or Maximized was all I had, so I reinstalled and it was fine. Maybe that's your solution.

That's a direct route to grey hair and ulcers Tom, if you're not there already. Some things you just can't figure.

I had a similar problem with Defraggler some time ago. I minimised it, and when I clicked it to restore, it maximized. I couldn't find anyway to get it back to the original size.

Minimized or Maximized was all I had, so I reinstalled and it was fine. Maybe that's your solution.

Actually, I did reinstall, Dennis, but that didn't fix it either. I didn't uninstall first, just went over the top. Maybe an uninstall/clean install would help, but not sure it's worth worrying about all my bookmarks, extensions, etc.