CCleaner Community Forums
dinerouk

File deleted?

The last twice I used CC using the settings below, I found afterwards that I could not update Virus programs and other utility programs. But I could connect with IE. I had to use system restore to get it back. It must have deleted a necessary file but I don't know what.

Windows Cleaner: Temp internet files/cookies/delete Index.dat files

Temp files/Clipboard/memory dumps/chkdsk file fragments/win log files/old prefetch data

Reg Integrity: missing/shared dll's/unused file extensions/obsolete software/mui cache

Any one else had this?

To help narrow it down it'd be very useful if you can supply information such as:

- OS version

- A list of the antivirus scanner, and utility programs you had the problem with

To help narrow it down it'd be very useful if you can supply information such as:

- OS version

- A list of the antivirus scanner, and utility programs you had the problem with

XP Home. AVG virus/Spybot/The cleaner/no adware/reg mechanic

I'm not sure if this is what's going on with me. Ok, first, I have no idea on computers etc. I just installed this program because the radio show, Kim Komando suggested it. :)

So, I just ran the program (not my first time using this).

Now, for some reason, I'm not able to get into any of my yahoo mail (3) accounts. I just opened another account to see if it's the site or what, and I have no problem using the new email, but still can't get into my other 3 (business accounts too), emails!

Any help would be soooo appreciated!

Tonya