Explorer.exe

Canary

Guest Mangix

explorer.exe is the program made by microsoft that lets you browse folders, click on icons, and basically everything. it should NEVER EVER be terminated.

as for tray notifications cache, that just clears the cache of tray notofications. meaning that it clears every record of tray notifications or something like that.

• Moderators
explorer.exe is the Windows Program Manager or Windows Explorer. It manages the Windows Graphical Shell including the Start menu, taskbar, desktop, and File Manager. By removing this process the graphical interface for Windows will disappear.

...what?

that is exactly what explorer.exe does. look it up on wikipedia if you dont believe me.

See his def below.

explorer.exe is the Windows Program Manager or Windows Explorer. It manages the Windows Graphical Shell including the Start menu, taskbar, desktop, and File Manager. By removing this process the graphical interface for Windows will disappear.

Anyone actually tried killing it? It freezes just like any other application. It has to killed off. Often it will come back automatically, or you can restart it via Task Manager.

Guest Mangix

lmao. i've killed explorer.exe with Proccess Explorer and it didnt come back. i had to log off and log in so it would come back.

i doubt i can do that since i have no Run option without explorer.exe ;)

Jesus christ you're a flaming idiot.

Your joking right?  :huh:

Nah, he has shown he is a total moron. He should repack the computer and ship it back for a refund. Reason "Too effing stupid to own a computer."

Anyone can find it in Task Manager. It's right there under File as New Task (Run...)

Guest Mangix

Proccess Explorer is more powerful. it let's me see which dlls are loaded in applications. really helps with uninstalling issues :)

oh and i just found the Run option in it :)