Uninstall list too long

mr don

Some people such as me, have run into the problem of there being so many entries that it literally looks nearly a mile long.

Is there a way to add a find as you type, or a search box where you can go straight to something named, or with the name in the title etc so that you can breeze through uninstalls if you know what you are looking for?

In addition, some programs do not play friendly if you "delete" their uninstaller, particularly if they are .msi based installs.

Any way to hide programs you know you want to keep so you can "remove" their entry, or else protect them from being uninstalled, perhaps password protected or something?

In a nutshell, here is what I would love, to make it simple:

- Find as you type in Add/Remove on CCleaner since my list of programs can be REALLY long

- A way to either hide or protect certain programs from being uninstalled (password protected, or something?)

This would keep me & other people from accidentally removing programs I know should stay!

Some people such as me, have run into the problem of there being so many entries that it literally looks nearly a mile long.

Is there a way to add a find as you type, or a search box where you can go straight to something named, or with the name in the title etc so that you can breeze through uninstalls if you know what you are looking for?

In addition, some programs do not play friendly if you "delete" their uninstaller, particularly if they are .msi based installs.

Any way to hide programs you know you want to keep so you can "remove" their entry, or else protect them from being uninstalled, perhaps password protected or something?

In a nutshell, here is what I would love, to make it simple:

- Find as you type in Add/Remove on CCleaner since my list of programs can be REALLY long

- A way to either hide or protect certain programs from being uninstalled (password protected, or something?)

This would keep me & other people from accidentally removing programs I know should stay!

Maybe like an index service of all programs... Unfortunately the portable version would have problems reindexing every time the app is launched

The computer is mightier than the sword

link1.gif link1.gif

Click here for cool stuff

Maybe like an index service of all programs... Unfortunately the portable version would have problems reindexing every time the app is launched

As far as I know, CCleaner doesn't have to index the list of programs. It is far faster than waiting for windows to load add/remove though.

I see no reason this cannot work.

• 3 weeks later...
As far as I know, CCleaner doesn't have to index the list of programs. It is far faster than waiting for windows to load add/remove though.

I see no reason this cannot work.

With the power of google, this is possible with a binary search

The computer is mightier than the sword

link1.gif link1.gif

Click here for cool stuff