Internet Explorer 8 Compatibility View Settings

I have been testing out Internet Explorer 8 final version and I have found I am having one issue :unsure: with ccleaner.

Internet Explorer 8 has a tool under the Tools Menu called Compatibility View Settings where I set the sites that still have issue viewing correctly. However when using ccleaner it clears out the Compatibility View Setting and I have to re-add the sites that I go to the most. Is this a bug? :unsure:

Ccleaner 2.18.878

Windows Vista SP1

Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

I have been testing out Internet Explorer 8 final version and I have found I am having one issue :unsure: with ccleaner.

Internet Explorer 8 has a tool under the Tools Menu called Compatibility View Settings where I set the sites that still have issue viewing correctly. However when using ccleaner it clears out the Compatibility View Setting and I have to re-add the sites that I go to the most. Is this a bug? :unsure:

Ccleaner 2.18.878

Windows Vista SP1

It wipes out my sites as well. It must be an unintended side effect of the new web browser. CCleaner needs to adjust its folder selection.

Edited by Andavari
Please don't use fonts that are difficult to read on the forums.

• 4 weeks later...

Ccleaner 2.18.878

Windows Vista SP1

Ver. 2.19.900, while fixing many problems, did not fix this problem. The compatibility folder is still wiped clean by CCleaner!

We are looking into this :)

MrRon

I have noticed that the "Recently Typed URLs" is the controlling factor in the deletion of my saved Compatibility View Settings. When I don't have this checked off, I don't have my saved web sites removed from the Compatibility View Settings List.

interested party,

I have noticed that the "Recently Typed URLs" is the controlling factor in the deletion of my saved Compatibility View Settings. When I don't have this checked off, I don't have my saved web sites removed from the Compatibility View Settings List

Your fix works for me too. Hopefully MrRon and CCleaner will come up with the complete fix soon.

I appreciate you taking the time to post your findings so others can share it too.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever :wub::wub:

" ... Nuff Said. Keep Smiling Because I'm Smiling Too! ..."

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with CCleaner and IE 8 Compatibility Settings.

Unfortunately, we haven't been able to reproduce the problem.

Could anyone experiencing the problem help us by running the following test?

1 - Open IE8 and go to Tools->Compatibility View Settings,

2 - make note of the sites in the "websites you've added to Compatibility view:" list,

3 - close IE8,

4 - open CCleaner and uncheck all items in the cleaning screen,

5 - check "Recently Typed URLs" under Internet Explorer in Windows tab,

6 - press "Run Cleaner" button and let it run,

7 - Open IE8 and go to Tools->Compatibility View Settings.

Were your entries kept or removed?

If they were not removed then it is not "Recently Type URLs".

Please keep on repeating steps and every time check a different item in the Cleaner screen until the list is cleared.

Please let us know the results.

Thank you

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with CCleaner and IE 8 Compatibility Settings.

Unfortunately, we haven't been able to reproduce the problem.

Could anyone experiencing the problem help us by running the following test?

1 - Open IE8 and go to Tools->Compatibility View Settings,

2 - make note of the sites in the "websites you've added to Compatibility view:" list,

3 - close IE8,

4 - open CCleaner and uncheck all items in the cleaning screen,

5 - check "Recently Typed URLs" under Internet Explorer in Windows tab,

6 - press "Run Cleaner" button and let it run,

7 - Open IE8 and go to Tools->Compatibility View Settings.

Were your entries kept or removed?

If they were not removed then it is not "Recently Type URLs".

Please keep on repeating steps and every time check a different item in the Cleaner screen until the list is cleared.

Please let us know the results.

Thank you

Hi,

post-27554-1242334016_thumb.jpg

I tried to follow your method, but it went badly. I think I have figured it out. The "Recently Typed URLs" must be checked off in combination with "History" and "Run (in Start Menu)". If any one of the 3 is missing, the deletion of the compatibility view list will not be effected.

PS.. I will be on vacation for the next week( starting tomorrow) and away from a computer, hope you figure this wacky combination out.

post-27554-1242334016_thumb.jpg

I can confirm if you uncheck "Recently Typed URL's" that the IE8 Compatibility List is NOT erased.

Just checked and if any ONE of the three are not checked the Compatibility List is not erased.

History

Recently Typed URL's

Run

When all three are checked the box pops up "Please Wait while deleting......................" same as using

Delete Browsing History from the Safety Menu.