Charging cord for zx5000

comper6

Ok so a while back i got a hp zx5000 and the outlet to recharge it broke. Got it repaired for about a $100 and about a year later it broke again. Since only the solder came apart, could i do a diy? If so give me instructions plz

The computer is mightier than the sword

link1.gif link1.gif

Click here for cool stuff

Ok so a while back i got a hp zx5000 and the outlet to recharge it broke. Got it repaired for about a $100 and about a year later it broke again. Since only the solder came apart, could i do a diy? If so give me instructions plz

I don't know about a guide for it, but DIY on a charger you will risk destroying your device if done wrong (or worse).

I remember DIY fixing my powerpack for my (old now) Game Boy Pocket, now you can no run power form the wall via any powerpack.

So be careful... are you willing to buy another device if it goes wrong... medical bills if it blows up in your face :P

fireryone

I don't know about a guide for it, but DIY on a charger you will risk destroying your device if done wrong (or worse).

I remember DIY fixing my powerpack for my (old now) Game Boy Pocket, now you can no run power form the wall via any powerpack.

So be careful... are you willing to buy another device if it goes wrong... medical bills if it blows up in your face :P

Im not doing a diy on the charger but the place on the computer where you insert the charger

link1.gif link1.gif

Here you go, here's how to do it.

Link

Or maybe not.

Seriously though, this might be helpful.

Link.

Edit:

I've mended many chargers, but have not been brave enough to attempt the charging socket yet.

thanx

link1.gif link1.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I did this on an old Advent last year (Think it was a 6417, 1Ghz) and it was an absolute nightmare :( (I can solder and have done detailed PCB work before)

The link above for the zx5000 looks a lot lot easier than the Advent one I had to do, it had to come completely to bits (internal shell too and it was none too accessible)

Took about an hour to safely dismantle it, about 20 minutes to sort the socket (tiny annoying multilayered PCB, have to be really careful!) , and about 40 minutes or so to put back together.

It was only the second laptop I have dismantled and repaired though (the first being quite a few years ago, and that was a very eldery Pentium 90 ( :D ) based Compaq)

:)