A registry false positive (if you will).

A P O C R Y P H A

The following item is detected as an Unused File Extension in ccleaner for those using Avira Antivir Premium

Unused File Extension {80b8c23c-16e0-4cd8-bbc3-cecec9a78b79} HKCR\{80b8c23c-16e0-4cd8-bbc3-cecec9a78b79}

When removed it causes no harm whatsoever and Avira simply re-adds the key (if you scan again the same key will be present).

Just wanted to let someone know so that it does not cause later confusion.

I figured this out by searching the key via google as well as uninstalling Avira to see if the issue persisted. It did not once uninstalled.

• 2 weeks later...
The following item is detected as an Unused File Extension in ccleaner for those using Avira Antivir Premium

Unused File Extension {80b8c23c-16e0-4cd8-bbc3-cecec9a78b79} HKCR\{80b8c23c-16e0-4cd8-bbc3-cecec9a78b79}

When removed it causes no harm whatsoever and Avira simply re-adds the key (if you scan again the same key will be present).

Just wanted to let someone know so that it does not cause later confusion.

I figured this out by searching the key via google as well as uninstalling Avira to see if the issue persisted. It did not once uninstalled.

I second this

Thanks for the link, the solution given there works. However, it would be much easier if CCleaner just did a little adjustment in their code so when you do a scan for registry errors, the registry key in matter doesn't even show up.