Defraggler v1.08

MrG

• Admin

dflogo.png

This release of Defraggler adds some useful features for advanced users, fixes some bugs, and tidies up some loose ends in the interface.

Download it now!

If you run df.exe from the command-line, you now have two new switches you can use:

• /shutdown - Defraggler will shut down Windows once it has completed operation.
  • /large - Defraggler will move large files to the end of the disk to improve performance.

For more information about Defraggler and moving large files, check out the docs at docs.piriform.com

Here's the full list of improvements and fixes we've made in this release:

• Improved handling of NTFS compressed files when moving to end of disk
  • Added /shutdown option to df.exe
  • Added /large file option to df.exe
  • Drive list now includes a % fragmented column
  • Blank file types no longer allowed in Large file options
  • Warning when trying to set a schedule in the past
  • Right click 'Check this' option is now greyed correctly
  • Various small UI tweaks

Download now from www.defraggler.com and be sure to sign up for our email newsletter too.

View the full blog post

/large and /shutdown : Good. :lol:

Fragmentation column : Good.

Use Google to translate Defraggler to French : Bad. <_<

"LANGUAGE LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US" at the beginning of each thing in the lang DLLs : Weird.

Missing things in lang DLLs : Bad.

[EDIT] You forgot to change the Alternative download in defraggler.com, it is still 1.07...

Piriform French translator

Thanks MrG!

Nice to have the /shutdown and /large command line parameters! Keep up the good work Piriform!!!

Keith

There's always an exception to the rule. I'm that exception.

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif

So what file size is considered "large"?

You can specify what you consider "large" anonymous_user. Go to the Settings menu, then Options. Click on the Defrag tab. For future help, try checking out Piriform Docs

Keith

There's always an exception to the rule. I'm that exception.

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif

This release of Defraggler adds some useful features for advanced users, fixes some bugs, and tidies up some loose ends in the interface.

I'm glad that piriform took some time to fix and improve Defraggler. ;)

Even so, Defreggler portable isn't still officially portable.

(no portable.dat or other portable files) :rolleyes:

Anyways,

I still really like Defraggler because of the individual files defrag,

the move large files to end of drive, and the shutdown option. ;)

But I give Defraggler the second place.

I'm still feeling better and safer with JKdefrag. ;)

Thanks for this Mr.G ;) Great Job...

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Current: Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8], HTC 7 Surround T8788 [WP7.8] & Vodafone 858 Smart [Android SmartLucky2.3] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 820, 720, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.

Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer

• /large - Defraggler will move large files to the end of the disk to improve performance.

Why 'to the end of the disk'? Surely to the end of the disk data (as JKDefrag does) is the sensible idea or you are just giving the hard drive more work to do.

this version is taking FOREVER to Defrag. i had like 50.8GB to defrag and i started it around 1:00AM and when i woke up around 10:40AM it was still defragging?

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8