Latest version

Specy

I have downloaded the latest version of CCleaner and now websites i visit no longer remember me and i have to log in every visit. My list of cookies to exclude when cleaning is still intact and is the same as it was for the old version but I can log on to a site with a saved cookie, log off, run cleaner and then have to re-log on again at the site.

Any idea's ??

• Moderators

Do you have Autocomplete Form History ticked? This wipes passwords in IE. I'm not sure about Saved Form Information in Firefox as I've never tried it, but the box is unticked for me. Both these boxes are unticked by default, I believe. Are you a new CC user, or did you install on top of an older version?

Auto complete is not ticked.

I have used this prog for about 18 months and just update the original down load when offered the chance. Never had this problem before, Everything from online banking to forums such as this are wiped at each clean despite all the relevant cookies remaining on file both in the cookie folder and on the right hand side of C Cleaner cookies section.

Welcome to Piriform Specy.

Well I've used all versions of CC and it does exactly what it says on the tin. I have my Autocomplete Form History ticked and it still remember all my 50 sites that need a username and password. Which browser are you using? ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Hi Keith

I am using explorer 8

Tonight i am going to uninstall CCleaner completely and start again, see if that does it...

This is probably ie8 related. I am having the same problem with CCleaner erasing login cookies in ie8. There are a few other threads on the forum about this, for instance here: http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=20328

I guess they will probably fix this when ie8 is out of beta.

I am using explorer 8

Tonight i am going to uninstall CCleaner completely and start again, see if that does it...

Now we get a fuller picture. Uninstalling and reinstalling CC isn't going to help you I'm afraid. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best