CDBurnerXP V4.2.4.1255

YoKenny

CDBurnerXP is a free application to burn CDs and DVDs, including Blu-Ray and HD-DVDs. It also includes the feature to burn and create ISOs, as well as a multilanguage interface. Everyone, even companies, can use it for free. It does not include adware or similar malicious components.

Key Features

o burn all kinds of discs

o audio-CDs with or without gaps between tracks

o burn and create ISO files

o data verification after burning process

o create bootable discs

o multi-language interface

o bin/nrg → ISO converter, simple cover printing and much more!

o Operating Systems: Windows 2000/XP/2003 Server/Vista/Windows 7

http://cdburnerxp.se

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators

I have always wanted to use it as my sole all-in-one CD/DVD burning solution. However for years now and at least a couple of different Windows installs it has never ran just right on my system, a shame really because the time I got to used it I was very impressed.

Tell us about Net Framework then, Kenny. I like the look of CDBXP, but don't like other software/application dependencies.

Why don't you like .NET?

About .NET Framework

http://cdburnerxp.se/help/Appendices/install-without-dotnet

I guess you don't like Paint.NET either?

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I used this a couple of years ago but once Ashampoo came along I dropped it.

Not saying it doesn't suit some folk, just I prefer the Ashampoo ease of use.

I tried Ashampoo but did not like it.

Its all up to familiarity I guess.

IE7Pro user

• Moderators

I've no idea what Net Framework is, let alone Paint.Net. Kenny. I just have that feeling that a piece of software should be installable without (generally speaking) having to install something else I know nothing about (I don't think I need anything netty or frameworky). Besides, other cd burners don't need this, do they?

The install without dotnet just seems flaky, running registry patches before you start.

I am, by the way, looking for a burner, after rebuilding my Dell and losing the Roxio integrated stuff that came with it.

• Moderators
I am, by the way, looking for a burner, after rebuilding my Dell and losing the Roxio integrated stuff that came with it.

You could give ashampoo a try Augeas, it's free.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showto...amp;hl=ashampoo

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

I may well do that. Cheers, H.

The ashampoo website fails to acknowledge the existence of Burning Studio 2009, or any free burning software. So where does the free version come from, apart from download sites - they must have found it somewhere. Is it a pukka Ashampoo product or a cobbled version like Adobe Lite?

• Moderators
I've no idea what Net Framework is

I think you'll eventually run into a program you like that either needs it, or something you're already using could even migrate to it.

It allows for many programs to be very small in size since all the bloat comes straight from Microsoft .NET Framework, case in point Paint.NET which is rather small for all it does compared to bloated overpriced commercial, and free/open source alternatives.

• Moderators
I've no idea what Net Framework is, let alone Paint.Net. Kenny. I just have that feeling that a piece of software should be installable without (generally speaking) having to install something else I know nothing about (I don't think I need anything netty or frameworky). Besides, other cd burners don't need this, do they?

The install without dotnet just seems flaky, running registry patches before you start.

I'd be surprised if you didn't have any version of .NET pre-installed on your computer. It would be in C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET.

It's quite possible of course, but you've got me curious now.

:)

• Moderators
I don't think you get it with XP, not Home anyway. I don't have that folder.

That's really interesting. I thought you'd need at least 1 version of .NET Framework to get most software running. My XP came with 1.0 and 1.1, and I installed 2.0 a long time ago.

It just shows that there's stuff being installed by people because they're given the impression that it's needed when it possibly isn't.

I've been running without any install of Java for a hell of a long time now, and I haven't hit anything at all that tells me I can't do or run this or that because I don't have Java.

Definitely interesting.

I may well do that. Cheers, H.

The ashampoo website fails to acknowledge the existence of Burning Studio 2009, or any free burning software. So where does the free version come from, apart from download sites - they must have found it somewhere. Is it a pukka Ashampoo product or a cobbled version like Adobe Lite?

Try this link http://majorgeeks.com/download6138.html ;)

That's really interesting. I thought you'd need at least 1 version of .NET Framework to get most software running. My XP came with 1.0 and 1.1, and I installed 2.0 a long time ago.

For what it's worth, I don't have .NET Framework installed at all on my Windows 2000 system and have never run into anything that I can't run. It doesn't seem like all that many apps need it.

Dell Latitude D600

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1

follow_me-c.png