"Problem" with CCleaner - Thousands of Errors

Vanadis

Hi there,

about two weeks ago i formatted my laptop and installed my programs, after the installation of ccleaner everything worked perfectly.

Some Errors were found and I successfully fixed them. Then about a Week ago, CCleaner shows thousands of errors in my Registry.

Basically it wants to delete everything...

ccleanern.jpg

w672.png

(This is Picture is a week old, from another Forum i posted it, now there about 2700 Errors.)

Is this a known bug? Somebody knows what to do? Reinstalling CCleaner didn't help.

What's going to happen, if i fix anything? And what should i do, if my system crashes?

My System:

Dell XPS M1730

Windows Vista Home Premium 32

Intel T7700

4GB DDR2 667

2x8800M

2x 250GB 5,4K in RAID 0.

Thanks and good evening,

Vanadis.

(PS: Sorry for Bad English, German here :lol: )

Welcome to Piriform Vanadis.

What's going to happen, if i fix anything? And what should i do, if my system crashes?

(PS: Sorry for Bad English, German here :lol: )

I don't think anything bad will happen providing the save a backup of what it removes from the registry.

If your system does crash then startup in Safe Mode and double-click the backup reg files to put the removed info back in the registry. If push comes to shove do a system restore before you ran CC. ;)

P.S. Your English is good so I wouldn't worry about that.

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

• Moderators
I don't think anything bad will happen providing the save a backup of what it removes from the registry.

But deleting 2500 entries? That sounds like pushing it a tad too far, especially as Vanadis said that he previously had some errors and fixed them, implying that the registry was reasonably clean.

I don't know what the cause is. There have been no other large software events recently Van?

Well, as i said, i formatted my Laptop, reinstalled Vista and installed then about 30 Applications, after i cleaned my registry and everything worked fine.

2-3 Days after my Installation-Orgy, I wanted to clean my registry and this problem appeared.

The Last 3 Applications i installed where: Songbird 1.0, Titan Quest and the Sigmatel Audio Driver.

I'm doing a Backup right now and try to fix it at the Weekend.

Thx for your help.

Good Night,

Vanadis