GOOGLE cookie does not appear in COOKIES TO KEEP

GOOGLE has an option to set it to default search for 100 entries per page..plusother settings as well.

All these settings are stored in a cookie. I usually had GOOGLE's cookies set under ccleaner;s OPTIONS, COOKIES, Cookines to keep.

But now it doesnt work anymore.

I found GOOGLE sets a cookie C:\Documents and Settings\user\Cookies\user@google[3].txt 337 bytes

BUT this cookie doesnt even show in the COOKIES TO DELETE section so I cant set it under COOKIES TO KEEP.

It does show in the main ccleaner window if I set CCLEANER to delete all cookies.

Can this be fixed???

Joliet

GOOGLE has an option to set it to default search for 100 entries per page..plusother settings as well.

All these settings are stored in a cookie. I usually had GOOGLE's cookies set under ccleaner;s OPTIONS, COOKIES, Cookines to keep.

But now it doesnt work anymore.

I found GOOGLE sets a cookie C:\Documents and Settings\user\Cookies\user@google[3].txt 337 bytes

BUT this cookie doesnt even show in the COOKIES TO DELETE section so I cant set it under COOKIES TO KEEP.

It does show in the main ccleaner window if I set CCLEANER to delete all cookies.

Can this be fixed???

Joliet

I am having a similar issue but I do not think that is a CCleaner problem. Or at least if it is, it is in conjunction with the new Google Toolbar and, or the new version of Firefox. When I open IE 7, it goes to my regular start page with my Google logged in and the preferences are correct. I also use similar options with 100 results and no filtering. For me, only Firefox is having the issue of not saving the cookies. In my case I also have the issue with my.yahoo.com, gmail, facebook, friendfeed and a couple other sites but not all. I'm still working my way through all of the possible add-ons and and removing the cookies and starting from scratch.

Firefox 3.0.7

Google Toolbar in Firefox Version 5.0.20090122Wb2

IE 7.0.5730.11

Google Toolbar in IE Version: 5.0.2124.6042/en (GGIC)

CCleaner v2.17.853

Joliet, and anybody else experiencing this same issue, you might go into the options for CCleaner and turn on the "Show detailed log of..." for both Internet Explorer and Firefox/Mozilla temporary files. If you remember, I did not, copy the results and save them (right click in the results) somewhere so they could be posted if needed.

I am still working on this. This is a very active and knowledgeable board, so it is possible that someone else will be able to give is the fix. If a fix is found please post it here and I will do the same if I find one.

I am using IE7 Maybe IE7 isnt compatable with ccleaner?

I am positive it's a ccleaner problem because GOOGLE's PREFERENCES change back to default only AFTER I run ccleaner.

To be even more specific Google sets a cookie:

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Cookies\user@google[3].txt but some reason ccleaner does not recognize it in OPTIONS, COOKIES, COOKIES TO DELETE (From there you can choose to KEEP the Cookie).

I think it doesnt recognize the cookie because google changes it sometimes to user@google[2].txt or google[3].txt so how can we set an exemption for this? I see where to change the ini file or registry for cookies exemptions, but can I use wildcards in there: i.e.: user@google[*].txt ??

I do see the cookie however in the CLEANER screen.

I set the SHOW DETAILED log file for IE BUT I cant find where the file is actually saved on my hard drive?????

I am using IE7 Maybe IE7 isnt compatable with ccleaner?

I am positive it's a ccleaner problem because GOOGLE's PREFERENCES change back to default only AFTER I run ccleaner.

To be even more specific Google sets a cookie:

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Cookies\user@google[3].txt but some reason ccleaner does not recognize it in OPTIONS, COOKIES, COOKIES TO DELETE (From there you can choose to KEEP the Cookie).

I think it doesnt recognize the cookie because google changes it sometimes to user@google[2].txt or google[3].txt so how can we set an exemption for this? I see where to change the ini file or registry for cookies exemptions, but can I use wildcards in there: i.e.: user@google[*].txt ??

I do see the cookie however in the CLEANER screen.

I set the SHOW DETAILED log file for IE BUT I cant find where the file is actually saved on my hard drive?????

I found my answer in a post on a Mozilla help site, which I'll quote below.* I do think it is possible that these issues were caused by CCleaner, however I was not able to reproduce them. While I was trying to diagnose what had gone wrong and how to fix my issue, I tried uninstalling .17 and using .16 of CCleaner, cleaning out all my cookies (I really hated to do that one since I have so many sites that I log into and have them set, just so.), and going through the Firefox config and manually comparing it to another machine that did not have my issue. Then I hit Google in earnest and found a fix for my issue.

* - This post was in response to an original poster, Ross, who was having my exact issue. The responder, Quarantine, with 25621 posts must be someone who codes Firefox.

Firefox not saving cookies/saved passwords

Mon, 09 March, 2009 09:42 PST

Quarantine

25621 postime

Ross, those sites will store details in cookies.

A likely cause is the file that stores cookies may be corrupt. To test this close Firefox, go to your profile folder and rename cookies.sqlite to cookies.tmp

Restart Firefox, log into those sites and then see if it remembers the logins.

To find the cookies.sqlite file, on Windows Vista the usual location for the profile folder is:

C:\Users\<Windows login/user name>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\

xxxxxxxx is a string of random characters, the second half of that part of the folder name is normally .default but may be something else.

The Application Data folder is usually a hidden folder. To show hidden folders, open Windows Explorer and choose Organize > Folder and Search Options > Folder Options > View and select Show hidden files and folders

Mon, 09 March, 2009 10:01 PST

And just for the XP users the profile is in - X:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\RANDOM NUMBER STRING.default - where X= the drive or partition Windows is installed on, usually the "C" drive.

You can see all of my settings by looking at the pictures on the page in my signature.

I'm taking here about IE7 - but my fix will work for any browser.

I manually set the google.com cookie in the cleaner.in file I just created. Then, sure enough, I restarted CCLEANER and I now see it in the ccleaner cookie to keep file.

Now it works...I couldnt duplicate the problem on my laptop either.

Anyway it works now.