CCleaner Wipe Free Space taking all of my free space?

PizzaCan

Whenever I run it it drains all of my free space. It got so low at 98%, I had 110 MB left of memory on the C Drive. Any suggestions?
perhaps it's meant to - let it run to the finish and your computer free space should show properly again. Eraser, another free space wipe program, works by filling up the free space with thousands of 42MB files which make the free space look as though its shrinking as the program runs (and a Windows warning message that the free space on the drive is running low actually appears near the end of the process). At the end of the process all the created files are then deleted and the free space returns. I'm assuming the free space wipe on CCleaner works the same.

perhaps it's meant to - let it run to the finish and your computer free space should show properly again. Eraser, another free space wipe program, works by filling up the free space with thousands of 42MB files which make the free space look as though its shrinking as the program runs (and a Windows warning message that the free space on the drive is running low actually appears near the end of the process). At the end of the process all the created files are then deleted and the free space returns. I'm assuming the free space wipe on CCleaner works the same.

I used Eraser and I also saw a Low Free Space message. I'm glad I found clarification on why this happens. Thanks :D

• 3 years later...