Best anti virus

carlosrowlett

Hello everybody,

I read a report comparing many of the different anti-virus programs. Kaspersky was the only to clear 100% of the viruses. It also didn't slow the computer down as much as most others.

Anyone any experience of it?

go with avast!, I would promise you it would not slow down your computer and protect you against any virus and almost all spyware and other kind of malware, I've played with many many AV and other security software. you would not need any other real-time protection beside avast! AV, just you need 1-2 on demand scanner (they would not slow down your computer because they don't run in background) like Malwarebytes' Antimalware or SUPERAntiSpyware. avast! has Free edition which would protect you with same Virus definition Professional Edition has, Malwarebytes' Antimalware and SPUERAntiSpyware are Free too.

http://www.avast.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

http://www.superantispyware.com/

Most People Respect the Badge. Everyone Respects the Gun.

Software: Windows 7 Ultimate x86, AVIRA Premium Security Suite 9, Google Chrome 5 Beta (WOT, Xmarks, Chrome Flags), Sandboxie, Malwarebytes Antimalware, Hitman Pro, HostsMan, Roboform, UPEK PSQL.

Virtual Machine(s): Sun VirtualBox, Windows XP Pro SP3, AVIRA Premium Security Suite Beta 2010.

Welcome to Piriform Carlos.

Hello everybody,

I read a report comparing many of the different anti-virus programs. Kaspersky was the only to clear 100% of the viruses. It also didn't slow the computer down as much as most others.

Anyone any experience of it?

This discussion has been talked about before. What AV do you use? have a read and put your comment in.

If you do a search on YouTube you will see many discussions on the for an against for each of them. It appears no one likes Norton. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

• 1 month later...

NOD32 all the way! For me, that's been the best antivirus. Plus, it was a two time winner in the AV-Comparatives website, and it was a close second to Avira last year. They both got 3 Advanced+s and 1 Advanced, so I don't get how they can make one better, since they average out the same. I'm pretty sure that NOD32 is taking the best antivirus title this year though. GO NOD32!

• 3 months later...

As regards AVAST : when it does detect a virus and blocks it does it have a button to heal the file as opposed to moving it to the virus-chest or deleting and aborting connection? it doesn't seem to have the best pop-up options in its 'warning' window ..... Have I overlooked something here?