Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification for March 2009

YoKenny

Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification for March 2009

Published: March 5, 2009

Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification issued: March 5, 2009

Microsoft Security Bulletins to be issued: March 10, 2009

This is an advance notification of security bulletins that Microsoft is intending to release on March 10, 2009.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...n/ms09-mar.mspx

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I just updated my XP Pro system with (KB960225), (KB938464) and (KB958690).

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

HAHA!!! :) YoKenny is our personal beta tester. I am always weary of MS updates now since the whole fiasco with KB951748/KB956803 and Zone Alarm/Checkpoint Security firewalls. It would not let you get on the internet through IE if you had those updates installed.

There's always an exception to the rule. I'm that exception.

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif

I will wait a couple of days and if you are still able to post here, then I'll do my updates :)

Oh ye of little faith. :lol:

I still have my old For Sale XP Home system as I have not had a call about it yet. :(

Maybe I should have have put it in trade for the new Vista system but I want to sell the complete system with its monitor and computer desk as well.

I learned a new word today "nullifidian" while looking up "Oh ye of little faith." B)

HAHA!!! said with Nelson Muntz's voice.

I don't like software firewalls neither since watching Malwarebytes MBAM developer Bruce Harrison discus software firewalls:

http://www.besttechie.net/2008/08/20/malwa...loper-interview <== firewall discussion starts about 8 minutes into the video.

I recommend watching the whole video as it has some great information

IE7Pro user

• Moderators
I still have my old For Sale XP Home system as I have not had a call about it yet. :(

Donate it to a local retirement home with an offer to pop along once a week to give a couple of lessons

I don't like software firewalls

Personal preference there kenny, I do :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Donate it to a local retirement home with an offer to pop along once a week to give a couple of lessons

I used to volunteer at a local seniors community center and they had more modern systems than what I'm trying to sell. :(

It seemed that the only thing they were used for was to play Solitaire.

I may offer it here for people to use as a free Internet access system to check their Hotmail and stuff if I get no offers.

Yesterday I finished doing my 2008 Income Tax and I may get a bit of a rebate which makes me happy but it is so complicated but have the time and patience and I refuse to pay $50.00 to have it done.

IE7Pro user

you can get great deals on quick tax. my bro got it for 15 bucks, and we both did our taxes with it as well as our wives. easy to use and it saves your info from year to year for faster fill in each year. :)

HAHA!!! :) YoKenny is our personal beta tester. I am always weary of MS updates now since the whole fiasco with KB951748/KB956803 and Zone Alarm/Checkpoint Security firewalls. It would not let you get on the internet through IE if you had those updates installed.

I remember that, although I first thought it was something else (as I had installed the updates then logged out for the day) , so the next day there was some head scratching and thinking for a while, wondering what the problem was :D