wipe free space

:angry: sorry its me again

when i run c/cleaner it will not complete its job i left c/cleaner running for in excuss of 72 hours in an atempt to wipe free space on my laptop the details of my laptop are as follows:

ms windows vista home basic sp1

intel celeron cpu 540 @1,86ghz,1.0gb ram, mobile intel 965 express chipset family

i have 14.7gb free of 32.5gb (hard drive)

now when running c/cleaner it shows that it is wiping free space in the left top corner of the results page that it as reached 100% but it keeps running and the only option i have is to cancel when i cancel it then says "cleaning incomplete"

please someone help me i even run c/cleaner in safe mode but got the same result

jon

please help me solve my problem <_<

hellllllllllllllllllllpppppppppppppppp

Edited by jon167@btinternet.com

sush

:angry: sorry its me again

when i run c/cleaner it will not complete its job i left c/cleaner running for in excuss of 72 hours in an atempt to wipe free space on my laptop the details of my laptop are as follows:

ms windows vista home basic sp1

intel celeron cpu 540 @1,86ghz,1.0gb ram, mobile intel 965 express chipset family

i have 14.7gb free of 32.5gb (hard drive)

now when running c/cleaner it shows that it is wiping free space in the left top corner of the results page that it as reached 100% but it keeps running and the only option i have is to cancel when i cancel it then says "cleaning incomplete"

please someone help me i even run c/cleaner in safe mode but got the same result

jon

please help me solve my problem <_<

hellllllllllllllllllllpppppppppppppppp

why will no one help me dose ne one know wot i'm doing wrong

sush

Try checking to make sure that it does the operation but does not report it. It could also be that a file is refusing to get deleted and Ccleaner is not saying it is finished because of it.

If it is the first problem, simply ignore it. If it is the second, manually find and delete the file yourself and Ccleaner will be running normally. It could also be that Ccleaner is not in administrator mode, which would prevent it from getting access to the files it wants to delete. Just guesses but hopefully correct ones.

Try checking to make sure that it does the operation but does not report it. It could also be that a file is refusing to get deleted and Ccleaner is not saying it is finished because of it.

If it is the first problem, simply ignore it. If it is the second, manually find and delete the file yourself and Ccleaner will be running normally. It could also be that Ccleaner is not in administrator mode, which would prevent it from getting access to the files it wants to delete. Just guesses but hopefully correct ones.

thank you for ur help

i run c/cleaner as aministrator an got the same result then i unticked all the boxes in c/cleaner except "wipe clean space" oh yes i also ucompressed my drive so with the above 3 things done then i run c/cleaner and it worked

once again thank you for ur help

jon

sush