PCWorld "reviewer" has their turn at talking bollocks

YoKenny

PCWorld "reviewer" has their turn at talking bollocks

We all know we can't trust the bad guys, but it seems over the past few years, there's more and more so-called good guys you can't trust either - now including PCWorld who, instead of providing unbiased reviews, decide to falsify results to peddle their advertising partner (Symantec, surprise surprise), instead of allowing their users to have unbiased facts.

When are these idiots going to learn, they are supposed to be providing services/software based on their USERS NEEDS, and not based on earning a fast buck.

http://hphosts.blogspot.com/2009/03/pcworl...ir-turn-at.html

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

• Moderators

I wouldn't doubt if there was more of that type of thing going on, even with some "transparency" making it difficult to spot.

It is actually rather sad. Avira has had a forum for many years which I used to visit and participate on many years ago, even before they were really popular outside of Germany.

It is actually rather sad. Avira has had a forum for many years which I used to visit and participate on many years ago, even before they were really popular outside of Germany.
Regrettably I purchased Avira AntiVir Premium as it worked well on my old PIII and they made me an offer I could not refuse so now that I have retired the old PIII I transfered the license to my XP Pro system to use it up.

The moderators are as arrogant there as AVG moderators so now I am a happy user of avast! on my Vista system.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user