WinVista Home Premium Latest CCleaner . . .

LurkerLS

Updated CCleaner this morning and planned on running it later in the day, had other issues to take care of before running CCleaner.

Other issues still there, ran CCleaner v2.16.830 came up with a very long list after Analyze under the "Windows" tab. Went to the "Run Cleaner" RB and then it ran, ran, ran, "CLEANING CANCELLED - (11069.218 secs)" and my list consists of 43288 line entries and that was not the end, it was still running after 3 hours. So I ran Analyze on "Windows" tab again and came up with 2117 entries, did not run cleaner that time. Went to "Applications" tab and ran Analyze with 2126 entries without running cleaner RB.

Also had DiamondCS' RegProt on here to monitor my Registry File for any activity, it has worked just fine on all of my systems I have worked with from Win98, Win98SE, WinXP and now Vista and that was AOK until about 2 days ago. Things started running slower until it was taking about 20 -30 minutes to go through the list of start programs in my HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run with approximately 14 DATA entries such as Avira AntiVir, Comodo Pro Internet Security, Windows Defender, Dell Support Center ( 2 or 3 entries for them) and several others I cannot remember them all off the top of my head. Then suddenly my system shut down and started an automatic reboot, I do not do WARM BOOTS, only Cold after a minute and some times upwards to 2 hours, depending on my list of "HONEY DOES," if you are married you know what they are. Later I noticed the firewall and AV software were not restarting with my reboots even though the registry entries are there as they should. The only way to restart them is to use the Start/Programs/ to run as Admin or some of them I can use the RUN command.

Comodo has AntiVirus feature within it as well so I run them both, Avira AntiVir the other, both are updated daily. I know all of these problems are not caused by CCleaner, most of my problems started before the update. It is just that CCleaner has always been very good for me even on Vista. The update and the over 3 hours to delete those files found under Analyze is NOT acceptable.

Any ideas would be of great HELP, and thank you for reading my roasted poster,

TIA, CU L8R,  'd' Lurker "LoneWanderer"  Dell x64, Ram 4gig, Win7 Pro SP1: FF v55.0.x; MSE Up2Date + other  "Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler."   - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

• Moderators
Updated CCleaner this morning and planned on running it later in the day, had other issues to take care of before running CCleaner.

After reading your post I think that the other issues you mention obviously weren't sorted first as they should have been.

Being a Ccleaner user as you say you are, alarm bells should have rung when the amount of items to remove and time taken became apparent.

If your problems could be virus/malware related post here in Spyware Hell with the relevant info reqired as per the 'Before you Post!' instructions

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showforum=12

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I don't have Vista nor Comodo but there are 2 rules I live with that has served me well.

1: Do not have 2 active anti virus scanners active as they will be competing for the same system resources and at a minimum interfere with each other or at a maximum cause the system to become unstable.

Some anti virus applications do not live well together because their resident drivers conflict so if I want a second anti virus opinion then use an on-line scanner or download a bootable stand alone scanner:

http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/archives/00001409.html

http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?page=...;threadID=82163

2: Do not have 2 software firewall applications installed as they interfere with each other.

I'll be getting my Vista system next week and Comodo will never use up a single byte of its huge (to me) hard drive.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user