[2.16.820 Portable]

kmillerusaf

Hey all,

I just wanted to make you all aware of an issue that I ran into last night with the portable version of CCleaner v2.16.820. I was cleaning my girlfriend's son's computer last night and I had everything checked except for the items in the Advanced area in the Windows tab. It appeared to clean everything as it cleared 850MB of temporary files, etc. Not quite. There were still entries in the start -> run box that were left behind that I would rather see gone so that he doesn't try to use some of those commands; they could cause more harm than good. I double checked that the Run checkbox was checked and it was. Still no dice though. This is the first time I noticed CCleaner not getting everything, whether it be the normal edition or portable edition, but then again, I don't always double check that it cleaned EVERYTHING. I guess I will for now on.

Keith

EDIT:

I guess it would be somewhat important to list some specs. O/S is Windows XP Professional SP3

There's always an exception to the rule. I'm that exception.

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif

The normal version on my desktop doesn't seem to clear the start -> run box either. Weird ;( The O/S on this system is Windows XP Professional as well.

There's always an exception to the rule. I'm that exception.

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif