Print spool

playr101

• Moderators

To clear this location, the "Print Spooler" service has to be stopped, and obviously started again to enable you to print. Not something CCleaner could do.

I have found a couple of batch files which do what you require:

net stop spooler

rmdir C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers /s /q

mkdir C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers

net start spooler

exit

or

net stop spooler

del %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\spool\PRINTERS\*.* /q /s

net start spooler

They both seem to do the job, so just copy and paste one of them into notepad, and save as SpoolClear.bat, or whatever you want to call them, as long as they end with .bat, and then double click the bat file to stop the Print Spooler service, clear the job list, and restart the service.

This is also supposed to be a fix for when pending print jobs "hang". Never had it happen, but Sods Law is now gonna jump up and bite me.

Hope this helps.

That batch file direectly helps me! I have users here at work who run into printer jams all the time and the documents get stuck in the queue. I have to manually go into cmd prompt and stop the Printer Spooler service. This will make my life much easier. Never thought to make it into a batch file. Thanks Dennis! :D

There's always an exception to the rule. I'm that exception.

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif

• 1 month later...