System Tray Icon Lockdown

Ben McCall

I am a network admin for a very large school district. A lot of our pc problems are merely due to trashy pc's and a ton of these are fixed by running ccleaner. I decided to make a msi package and push it to all of the computers via sms. Its set to run at login /auto, minimize to system tray, keep cookies and recent documents, and close when finished. These are kids we are dealing with, so we try to keep everything pretty locked down. I dont like the fact that they can open the application from the icon in the system tray during the cleaning process...it concerns me that they could get in there and mess around with the startup files etc. Do you know if there is anyway to lock that down or even prevent it from showing?

Thanks!!!

According to the help files:

CCleaner.exe /AUTO

CCleaner runs silently and automatically, using the current set of saved options to clean the PC. CCleaner then exits.

I tried this but apparently, silent running does not make the icon disappear - so much for silent. Perhaps suggesting this as a change on the forums may be an idea.

The only thing I could suggest is hiding that partiular tray icon by defalt by using the options in windows, but how you could do that easily on many machines, I do not know!

Some other info about running CCleaner on networks...

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=14936