Portable Application

mrjoolz

Hi,

New to forum and wondered if anyone can help !

I'm in process of developing an application in either director or flash, and wondered if I can copy this application to a USB memory stick to run automatically when USB stick inserted into Laptop/PC

I have read that you need to create a portable app, and wondered if anyone had done this with a flash application or one written in Director.

Any help would be appreciated.

Joolz

Welcome to Piriform Joolz.

I'm in process of developing an application in either director or flash, and wondered if I can copy this application to a USB memory stick to run automatically when USB stick inserted into Laptop/PC

I have read that you need to create a portable app, and wondered if anyone had done this with a flash application or one written in Director.

You can make any application run of a USB stick providing you have the necessary support files on the users machine. I make VB programs (read my sig) and these will run on any Win2k/Xp/Vista system quite easily. If you making a Flash movie then you would need a flash player on the user machine. These ocx's are normally in Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash folder. Now Flash movies are very forgiving. I've made an app that used Flash.ocx but when I tried it on a machine with Flash9d.ocx it still worked perfectly. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best