Adding Defraggler to run in a script

drpat

Hi,

I'm looking at inserting whatever parameters I would need into a batch script that when run, runs a bunch of process matching records using a vendor matching software. The defraggler part would run at the END of the script so it could defrag the drive where the process matching was done. What parameters would I need to place in the batch script refering to starting a run of defraggler on that particular drive? Thanks for any advice.

dp

Hi,

I'm looking at inserting whatever parameters I would need into a batch script that when run, runs a bunch of process matching records using a vendor matching software. The defraggler part would run at the END of the script so it could defrag the drive where the process matching was done. What parameters would I need to place in the batch script refering to starting a run of defraggler on that particular drive? Thanks for any advice.

dp

Hello drpat,

"df.exe <driveletter>:" would be the proper syntax. ie df.exe C:

This may also help you in the future: Piriform Docs

There's always an exception to the rule. I'm that exception.

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif

Hello drpat,

"df.exe <driveletter>:" would be the proper syntax. ie df.exe C:

This may also help you in the future: Piriform Docs

Ah Ok. That is what I thought, but thought it was too...simple. Duh! Thanks a bunch. It would I presume run as a background process not bringing up the gui or anything? For my purposes I would putting this at the end of the patch run script (well that is a lie...my vendor contractor would be doing this)...

df.exe E:\ISI\client_files\XXX_XXX\data\InputFiles\

Or if I just wanted to do the entire ISI directory on E...

df.exe E:\ISI\

Correct?

Ah Ok. That is what I thought, but thought it was too...simple. Duh! Thanks a bunch. It would I presume run as a background process not bringing up the gui or anything? For my purposes I would putting this at the end of the patch run script (well that is a lie...my vendor contractor would be doing this)...

df.exe E:\ISI\client_files\XXX_XXX\data\InputFiles\

Or if I just wanted to do the entire ISI directory on E...

df.exe E:\ISI\

Correct?

Correct, that would defrag the entire ISI directory and correct it would run the program without the GUI. Below is a sample batch file (that would work on my computer, program locations might be different for you) that would list all the drives available to defrag:

@echo on"c:\program files\defraggler\df.exe" /l

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif

Correct, that would defrag the entire ISI directory and correct it would run the program without the GUI. Below is a sample batch file (that would work on my computer, program locations might be different for you) that would list all the drives available to defrag:

@echo on"c:\program files\defraggler\df.exe" /l

Much obliged! You've saved the day! Thanks :)

dp

Much obliged! You've saved the day! Thanks :)

dp

No problem. That batch file is really simple and probably not optimized to most standards like turning @echo off but I was just trying to give an example. I wish you good luck! Take care

link1.gif