Who is your favorite artist/ whats your favorite music genre?

Winapp2.ini

Whats piriforms interest in music?

Personally I find anything thats not like "Yo, I went to da streetz and slapped ma bitchz for ma cash yo" ...er.. bearable. For the most part. (I can't stand any glossed up Disney Channel crap either, or really Pop at all)

As for my favorite artists, heres a list of the ones I admit to liking and having songs of :lol:

http://paste2.org/p/137770

I really have songs of about 50-80 more artists, i just don't want to admit their names.

Who does piriform like?

9a080742eeaa.jpg

^ Picture of my less preferred music player. (Stupid firmwear on iPod my aunt got me requires you sync with Apple's iTunes to use it- no Linux iTunes? I smell a lawsuit coming)

Rock/Metal/Sreamo/pop/Alt-Rock

41133840ka6.th.jpg

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

my interests include contemporary christian rock type music, some gospel, jazz and euro techno dance stuff lol.

80999699qp6.jpg
From my prespective, winvista club is a very good forum for all things windows related.
They have helped me and many others in the past. Excellent hints and advice!

BigSmile.png

woo i forgot yes, classic rock. AC/DC highway to hell..dont forget phil collins. is flock of seagulls and men at work classics? they are 80's bands

80999699qp6.jpg
From my prespective, winvista club is a very good forum for all things windows related.

BigSmile.png

• Moderators

At the moment my favorite is Springsteen's new album Working on A Dream.

He takes up where Magic left off and takes it to a new level. There are a couple of songs on here that are as good as anything hes ever done.

All time favorite is hard to say, there are just too many but my go to answer is usually either The Beatles or Dylan.

Whats piriforms interest in music?

Personally I find anything thats not like "Yo, I went to da streetz and slapped ma bitchz for ma cash yo" ...er.. bearable. For the most part. (I can't stand any glossed up Disney Channel crap either, or really Pop at all)

I'm the opposite. I want to hear them talk about slapping somebody for their cash! R&B/Rap here!

There's always an exception to the rule. I'm that exception.

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif

At the moment my favorite is Springsteen's new album Working on A Dream.

He takes up where Magic left off and takes it to a new level. There are a couple of songs on here that are as good as anything hes ever done.

All time favorite is hard to say, there are just too many but my go to answer is usually either The Beatles or Dylan.

I'm with you.

I'll have to see if I can afford the new Springsteen album but I don't want to go to Best Buy to buy it as it is a long way away from me so I was wondering about purchasing it on-line but I have not done that before and wondering what's easiest and safest? :unsure:

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Rap, r&b, classic rock, 80's, techno/rave/dance/drum and bass, steel drums/calypso, reggae, Hawaiian....basically anything that isn't country. LOL

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

• Moderators
I'm with you.

I'll have to see if I can afford the new Springsteen album but I don't want to go to Best Buy to buy it as it is a long way away from me so I was wondering about purchasing it on-line but I have not done that before and wondering what's easiest and safest? :unsure:

Amazon.com is very trustworthy, they ship really fast, and I've used them before to buy audio CDs, video games, etc. Just use an actual credit card though where you have limited liability when shopping online if someone steals your account number, and never ever use a checking card online!

Amazon.com is very trustworthy, they ship really fast, and I've used them before to buy audio CDs, video games, etc. Just use an actual credit card though where you have limited liability when shopping online if someone steals your account number, and never ever use a checking card online!

I'll give it a whirl but I think I'll have to send for a team of Huskie dogs and sled as it is snowing like the dickens now and I have to go to the bank to top the card up and pay rent plus get some money for food :mellow:

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I'll just make a short list of about 20 off the top of my head :

Death Cab for Cutie, The Postal Service, Leftover Crack, Choking Victim, Swollen Members, Brand New, Jeff Buckley, K'naan, Star f-ing Hipsters, Aesthetic Perfection, Necessary Response, Imperative Reaction, Tool, A Perfect Circle, The Faint, Elliott Smith, MC Frontalot, AFI, Eminem, and Imogen Heap

Fantasy is the celebration of what we no longer are: individuals certain of our meaningfulness in a meaningful world. The wish-fulfillment that distinguishes fantasy from other genres is not to be the all-conquering hero, but to live in a meaningful world. The fact that such worlds are enchanted worlds, worlds steeped in magic, simply demonstrates the severity of our contemporary crisis.
Scott R. Bakker, Why Fantasy and Why Now?

RPG Codex - Putting the 'Role' back in RPG.

The Age of Decadence - A game everyone should look forward to.

I'll just make a short list of about 20 off the top of my head :

Death Cab for Cutie, The Postal Service, Leftover Crack, Choking Victim, Swollen Members, Brand New, Jeff Buckley, K'naan, Star f-ing Hipsters, Aesthetic Perfection, Necessary Response, Imperative Reaction, Tool, A Perfect Circle, The Faint, Elliott Smith, MC Frontalot, AFI, Eminem, and Imogen Heap

What no Cradle of Filth?

I saw it on one of the IT Crowd episodes:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=iRmxXp62O8g

IE7Pro user

ill bet no one here has xion media player which acts like an MP3 player..all kinds of good music from stations around the world

80999699qp6.jpg

BigSmile.png

Good grief.

Over $20 and that did not include tax! :o

The last CD I bought of his was We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions for about $10.00CDN including tax at Best Buy and I see it on Amazon.com for $14.49US not including shipping and taxes :rolleyes:

IE7Pro user

I like a lot of instrumental music myself, bands like Mogwai, Rob Dougan, Sonic Youth, My Bloody Valentine

Although am listening to a lot of Jazz/Cuban/Salsa music now for the past few months. Would love it if any Jazz aficionados have any recommendations.

By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.

~Scratch~

What no Cradle of Filth?

I saw it on one of the IT Crowd episodes:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=iRmxXp62O8g

The IT Crowd was an awesome show, but, alas, I do not care much for Cradle of Filth. My younger brother is into them, but I don't find much pleasure in that particular style of music.

Fantasy is the celebration of what we no longer are: individuals certain of our meaningfulness in a meaningful world. The wish-fulfillment that distinguishes fantasy from other genres is not to be the all-conquering hero, but to live in a meaningful world. The fact that such worlds are enchanted worlds, worlds steeped in magic, simply demonstrates the severity of our contemporary crisis.
Scott R. Bakker, Why Fantasy and Why Now?

RPG Codex - Putting the 'Role' back in RPG.

The Age of Decadence - A game everyone should look forward to.

The IT Crowd was an awesome show, but, alas, I do not care much for Cradle of Filth. My younger brother is into them, but I don't find much pleasure in that particular style of music.

I was just being facetious.

The episode I was thinking about was where the office lady was wondering what was behind the red door and finally she opened it to find the Dracula looking guy hiding there because he liked Cradle of Filth or something like that.

IE7Pro user

• Moderators

I can find good music in just about any genre.

I listen to a lot of Classical, throw in a smidgeon of Pink Floyd, Sarah Brightman, Ryan Adams, Nickelback, Reamonn, Snow Patrol, Bryn Terfel, Einaudi, Springsteen, James Morrison.

And ocassionally I dip my toe into the world of Metal. I wonder who got me into listening to that? :rolleyes: