Memorised Passwords and Logins Deleted.

Enrique

I like CC Cleaner, but it deletes my memorised passwords and logins.

How can I avoid this happening?

Thanks.

Welcome to the forums Enrique,

Unchecking the "Autocomplete Form History" under Internet Explorer in the "Windows" tab should prevent your username/passwords from being deleted. I hope this helps.

Keith

There's always an exception to the rule. I'm that exception.

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif

You may find it is moving your cookies from the 'delete' side to the 'keep' side via the little middle arrow under ccleaner options>cookies that helps with this.

That is a good idea as well. Never used the include/exclude/cookies function as I generally dump them all but I will keep that in mind for future cases.

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif

Welcome to the forums Enrique,

Unchecking the "Autocomplete Form History" under Internet Explorer in the "Windows" tab should prevent your username/passwords from being deleted. I hope this helps.

Keith

Thanks for welcome, and also for reply.

Does it matter that I use Firefox rather than IE?

Thanks for welcome, and also for reply.

Does it matter that I use Firefox rather than IE?

Enrique,

Firefox's cleaning settings should up under the "Applications" tab then and would fall under the "Saved formed information". Uncheck that and you should be good to go.

link1.gif

• Moderators
That is a good idea as well. Never used the include/exclude/cookies function as I generally dump them all but I will keep that in mind for future cases.

You may find as will Enrique, that reading the info about what setting deletes what, of some help

http://docs.piriform.com/ccleaner/ccleaner...cookies-to-keep

As you will see here, moving cookies to the keep column can prevent your login details from a site being deleted when you run the cleaner.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• 2 weeks later...
I like CC Cleaner, but it deletes my memorised passwords and logins.

How can I avoid this happening?

Thanks.

I have same problem, and I still don't understand it. I have unchecked the cookies, as well as the

autocomplete form history. On the Applications tab, nothing is checked their either. After I run

CCCleaner, then I loose any settings that were previously saved.

Any help is appreciated.

Carl