CCleaner v2.16

MrG

• Admin

cclogo.png

We've released a new build of CCleaner with improved Google Chrome compatibility. Additonal changes are listed below:

CCleaner v2.16.830

• Google Chrome v2.0 compatibility fixes.
  • Improved Firefox support when browser is open.
  • Improved SeaMonkey support.
  • Added Publisher to the uninstall tool.
  • Many translation updates.
  • Several updates to installer code.
  • Cookie options loading now fully threaded.
  • Lots of minor interface improvements.
  • Minor performance improvements.

Click here to visit the CCleaner.com site and to download

View the full blog post

:P I hope that the support when FF is open fix the bugs I reported longggggggggg time ago..

Thanks MrG!!!

UPDATE: Yeah FF support is now GREAT!!! but Recent files in Vista SP1 aren't still cleaned at all... the bug is still there... :( you analize and got lots of recent files but just clean a few each time you clean...

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Current: Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8], HTC 7 Surround T8788 [WP7.8] & Vodafone 858 Smart [Android SmartLucky2.3] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 820, 720, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.

Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer

Thanks Piriform for your continued work!!!

There's always an exception to the rule. I'm that exception.

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif

thx alot. ill get on this soon after i complete a backup iam doing at the moment. i love CCleaner. it is far better than clear data addon for FF. -woot!

80999699qp6.jpg
From my prespective, winvista club is a very good forum for all things windows related.
They have helped me and many others in the past. Excellent hints and advice!

BigSmile.png

Once again thank you Piriform, always quality products!
Fantasy is the celebration of what we no longer are: individuals certain of our meaningfulness in a meaningful world. The wish-fulfillment that distinguishes fantasy from other genres is not to be the all-conquering hero, but to live in a meaningful world. The fact that such worlds are enchanted worlds, worlds steeped in magic, simply demonstrates the severity of our contemporary crisis.
Scott R. Bakker, Why Fantasy and Why Now?

RPG Codex - Putting the 'Role' back in RPG.

The Age of Decadence - A game everyone should look forward to.

Windows 7 is not supported by Piriform's products yet... Windows 7 is a beta...

Desktop ----- AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.64Ghz), 2GB DDR 400, ASUS A8N-SLI Premium, 500GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP3, Avira Antivir Personal

At work ----- Intel C2D T1700 (1.6Ghz), 2GB DDR2 667, Dell OUY141, 80GB HD, Windows XP Pro SP2, Symantec 10

Laptop ----- Intel C2D P8400 (2.4 Ghz), 4GB DDR3 1066, Mainboard, 160GB HD, Dualboot: Windows 7/openSUSE 11.1, Avira Antivir Personal

link1.gif

• 3 weeks later...
cclogo.png

We've released a new build of CCleaner with improved Google Chrome compatibility. Additonal changes are listed below:

CCleaner v2.16.830

• Google Chrome v2.0 compatibility fixes.

• Improved Firefox support when browser is open.

• Improved SeaMonkey support.

• Added Publisher to the uninstall tool.

• Many translation updates.

• Several updates to installer code.

• Cookie options loading now fully threaded.

• Lots of minor interface improvements.

• Minor performance improvements.

Click here to visit the CCleaner.com site and to download

View the full blog post

Please add feature like file shredder

If I understand "file shredder" good, it already exists.

Options >> Settings >> Secure deletion : Secure file deletion (slower).

A simple overwrite will do the job. No need of Gutmann.

(Offtopic : Oh, I just saw another french translation mistake...)

Piriform French translator

"Added Publisher to the uninstall tool."

What does this mean?

I'm thinking they mean the name of the company or organization that developed the software that you have installed on your computer and shows up in Add/Remove programs.

I hope this helps,

Keith

link1.gif

I'm thinking they mean the name of the company or organization that developed the software that you have installed on your computer and shows up in Add/Remove programs.

I hope this helps,

Keith

It doesn't show up for me in CCleaner uninstall tool. Just the program name is listed like it always has been.

Hi Anomaly

When you go to Add/Remove Programs and click on CCleaner you will see that bellow it says

"Click here for support information".

That is what was added.

In older versions of CCleaner you won't see it.

If you click on it a tiny window will appear that says the publisher. :)

I can't believe that Piriform added this to CCleaner after 5 years.

OOHH! That's all it is??? LOL! Sorry for the bad information

link1.gif

I'm in agreement with kmillerusaf. I think he is right.

I don't remember the publishers being there before.

AJ

I don't like imageshack images!

When the image finally showed up I see that you have multiple vulnerable Sun Java installs.

Go to Add/Remove Programs and un-install all Sun Java installs.

Download JavaRa then unpack it then run it to remove Sun Java remnants:

http://raproducts.org

Download and install Version 6 Update 12:

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Run Secunia Online Software Inspector to find other vulnerable applications:

http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/online

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I'm in agreement with kmillerusaf. I think he is right.

ccleaner1mj5.th.png

I don't remember the publishers being there before.

AJ

:o My CCleaner doesn't actually show the publisher's information :/ How did you get that to popup? What operating system you on?

I don't like imageshack images!

When the image finally showed up I see that you have multiple vulnerable Sun Java installs.

Go to Add/Remove Programs and un-install all Sun Java installs.

Keith

Download JavaRa then unpack it then run it to remove Sun Java remnants:

http://raproducts.org

For some reason, when I use JavaRA at work on users' computers, it doesn't always take update 7 off... It's always 7 that it has problems with so I manually remove it in Add/Remove

link1.gif

For some reason, when I use JavaRA at work on users' computers, it doesn't always take update 7 off... It's always 7 that it has problems with so I manually remove it in Add/Remove

I'm not sure who the operating system question is targeted for but currently I am on my XP Home system.

All releases of Sun Java prior to Version 6 Update 12 left remnants and that is why JavaRa was made.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

It doesn't show up in XP SP2 or 3 for me. I haven't loaded up my laptop that has Vista but I don't remember seeing it there either.

link1.gif

@ YoKenny. Sorry for ImageShack. Thanks for the information about Java. I just update and removed the older versions

@ Everyone else. I have Vista Ultimate 32 bit. Not sure why it doesn't show up for XP users. Am I the only one that has this working??? That would be really strange.

AJ